Fordmods Logo

Need Help King spring low in EF/EL with lpg height problem 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Need Help King spring low in EF/EL with lpg height problem
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hi Guys,

I recently installed KYB shocks and King spring low's on my EF XR6 sedan and i have found that the rear sits lower than the front.

These are the messurements taken with nothing in the boot with about 10L of petrol and 5L of LPG, i'sent the rear soppsed to sit heigher than the front and even with abit of petrol, lpg tank it would sit level to the front???

Front

Left 372 mm
Right 367 mm

Rear

Left 366 mm
Righ 364 mm

Now these messurments are taken with some load and quater tank LPG

Front

Left 375 mm
Right 370 mm

Rear

Left 356 mm
Right 352 mm

As u can see there is a significant difference in the rear and i need some advice as i called the shop, and they think that i need to go standard height spring on the rear which i think is wrong.

Reason i say this as ive seen pic's of lows on the rear and they sit about 5-10mm heigher than the front. I do remember before and after conversion it dropped it by 3 mm with old 158,000kms old springs and shocks.

Can anyone post picture's and measurments if possible nd if im right in saying that the springs are faulty, as they should have been heigher than the front to start off with and if anything the LPG tank and some load should of made it level as the front.

Thanks in advance for any help

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: Re: Need Help King spring low in EF/EL with lpg height problem
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Dohc el futura, ea falcon

VIC, Australia

put super lows in the front and itll sit better but leave the lows in the bak

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thing is every other EF/EL ive seen that has low's all round that the rear is higher so ppl go super low rear to make it level, now i went with low rear as i knew it would drop 3mm from previous expirence.

I dont want super low as its my daily driver and i have a steap driveway.

A LPG tank is about 35kg's when empty so it shouldnt have a significant drop so thats why i think its a faulty spring, i have also noticed the top 3 coils actually touch eachother so i dont think that is right either. I'll post a pic so u all can see

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

I believe you can get 10mm spacers for the rear springs or you can try low heavy duty springs.

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Need to see some pics of how the springs sit mate.

I have SL's in my EB Ghia, with a LPG tank over the rear axel, and it sits a bit lower in the rear than i'd like. I have a set of low springs here that i might try soon to level the car out a bit, as when you have a full tank of LPG & petrol, it sags in the bum a fair bit....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

problem solved, bought some pedders springs and i found that it rides better and about 10-15% softer than king springs which is perfect.

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
problem solved, bought some pedders springs and i found that it rides better and about 10-15% softer than king springs which is perfect.

Interesting. I have pedders in my Xr8 & Kings in the EB Ghia. The Xr8 rides a fair bit softer, almost feels like it bounces on the road compared to the Kings. Yet they are roadworthy. Both car's are running pedders white rear shocks, to suit lowered springs.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]