Fordmods Logo

new clutch ideas? el falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: new clutch ideas? el falcon
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:49 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 96 EL Futura

VIC, Australia

hey guys need to buy a new clutch for a new project i just got, a 97 el futura :D
it will be recieving a mid worked motor, cam, springs, inlet valves, pistons the lot, nothing crazy just street spec. and im after a new clutch for it and was wondering on your guys suggestions? something that will hold up with a bit of passionate driving, fun track days, drags etc.

i have heard these arent bad for the coin? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Falcon-Clutch-ki ... 5acf55556e

thanks guys any suggestions welcomed

Post subject: Re: new clutch ideas? el falcon
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I've found the RPM stage 1 clutch from Clutch Industries to be pretty good in my Eb Ghia, held up to heaps of abuse, a few clutch dumps, very heavy trailers & full car many times. Also a number of good skids too....

Some people don't like them, yes the RPM is heavier feel than stock but not a huge amount.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ford Falcon EA

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
I've found the RPM stage 1 clutch from Clutch Industries to be pretty good in my Eb Ghia, held up to heaps of abuse, a few clutch dumps, very heavy trailers & full car many times. Also a number of good skids too....

Some people don't like them, yes the RPM is heavier feel than stock but not a huge amount.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I have the RPM clutch in my ea as i burnt the old one out from too many skids :), but i have really liked the feel of the RPM it is nice and solid, doesnt seem to slip, and so far no issues. and its been about 8 months

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Mine did many many kms in the EB Ghia without issue. Only recently replaced it due to a broken clutch plate, due to stuffed input shaft bearings..... replaced it with another rpm clutch.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

I have a Sunbury clutches clutch.

Good price, only slightly heavier than standard and holds up well. My current engine is only stock but I REALLY give my clutch hell (and tow 1500kg boats on slippery a** ramps and slip a lot). Has done 25,000 and probably needs to be replaced now. I would recommend though, I think only $255 from memory?

By giving hell I mean slipping it for traction a 3000rpm. Really give it hell lol.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:43 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 96 EL Futura

VIC, Australia

thanks for the suggestions guys and for the extra info on how long they have held up for and for what uses like towing like skidder said.

i have been looking and seen a few people praise the sunbary clutches which is good, might get a bit more info on those and look at the rpm range too and see if they have a slightly more heavy duty over a direct replacment =)

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The rpm range has a few clutches in it. Usually starts with a higher pressure plate & a standard friction plate. Thats a stage 1 setup, that I currently run, modified EB Ghia, still stock cam tho. Then moves up to better materials on the friction plate like a cushioned puk/button clutch, then a full puk clutch...

Similar to the Exedy range.

Gotta be careful with a T5 & really grippy clutches, they are not so kind on the gearbox.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]