Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: No brakes!!
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
67RCE wrote:
Ehanol caused it? Thats the biggest load of crap! I'd call it plastic fatigue, no other causes.

well as I say, I used it twice & blew up 2 boosters. heat or something. wont be putting ethanol or injector cleaner in again

it's coincidental! don't blame Ethanol! btw, My NC has a steel booster. WIN!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

I believe 10% ethanol blended fuels are a conspiracy and also fairly shyte, but I'm still pretty sure it's incapable of that sort of external damage. Fumes you say ? what are ethanol fumes doing in your engine bay ? :? And generally in regards to timing advancing will usually lean out and heat up iirc. retarding won't alter heat much, inside or out.

Also as a side note most injector cleaners are toluene based, which was banned from fuels a while ago. (again iirc)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

Yeh my pacies are unsheilded. Bought the car like that. The used booster was the only one i could get seeing as it happened at 3pm on a saturday so couldnt source a new one and i needed the car. Ill try get my hands on one of these steel boosters!

low_ryda wrote:
I believe 10% ethanol blended fuels are a conspiracy and also fairly shyte, but I'm still pretty sure it's incapable of that sort of external damage.

I have heard some fuel companies may actually stop selling ethanol because there is not much profit to be had on it anyway, so no more cracked boosters or pods on fire or baby jesus crying. Damn you ethanol :evil:

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

Ethanol is actually the next best logical step from petrol. It's just that the government got involved with the 'E10' and it became scandalous. The problem also being that it's only 10% ethanol meaning that the margin for profit is very little. We're just antiquated as most of our vehicles on the road are lucky to run on 10% reliably.

Ethanol can be made from many things and most importantly for the tree huggers, it's renewable. The drama is that Australia will/is finding it hard to compete with brazil. It's the same old problem as the fossil fuel oil, we've got more than enough to go around, if we stop phuking around and selling it overseas and buying it back etc.

The fermentation that produces ethanol also produces co2 which is also containable and utilised. Europe is considered ahead of the 8ball with ethanol but I would say it's just logical proceeding without procrastination.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

how much are the new aftermarket boosters
how hard to fit are they
cheers

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2