Fordmods Logo

No tyre spin? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

Mate had an Series 1 XT with LSD would smoke up the rears pretty easily with 1 light passenger. Then got a series 2 and could still smoke them up but with effort and no passengers.

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Concorde

ACT, Australia

CAMERONCOULSTON wrote:
it definately has something to do with the brakes, because when i used to have the au i could pull off big line lock skids, then a few months later ater changing brake pads n so on, it just didnt want to, it just sat n stalled up and i have to clamp the brake lines, thats saying something, had nothing to do with who was driving cos it was me both times, and for all these people saying a stock standard ba can do a stand still, i dont know what the go is, maybe you can, but my mk11 futura certainly cant, i dont know if u's lie about it, but i have no shame in saying it wont do it, i dont know, maybe yous dont have an lsd, the car hasnt got traction controll, all it does is squat in the rear end, i have 18's on it. but whoever says a stock ba 6 can smoke 2 wheels up is most definately tugging themselves and cant tell the truth! :lol: and no, 205's, no bald tyres, no slippery surfaces, no mods, no brake clamps, no steering at full lock, no s**t

this will have to do with EBD (electronic brake distribution).

mine won't spin the wheels unless you stall it up on the brakes then quickly release the brakes and step on it again, has to do with the ABS setup.

2nd Place Summernats19 SQ Comp, Street Pro 0-600 Class
STEREO - 128.7db
JVC EXAD DVD and surround sound
3 X 10" Lanzar Dual Voice Coil 6ohm Subs
4 X 6.5" Alpine S-Type 2-way, front and back
JVC 6.6cm Center Speaker
Engine -
2.5" exhaust, SS Inductions CAI, K&N air filter. 132.6rwkw

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA FALCON

QLD, Australia

concorde wrote:
CAMERONCOULSTON wrote:
it definately has something to do with the brakes, because when i used to have the au i could pull off big line lock skids, then a few months later ater changing brake pads n so on, it just didnt want to, it just sat n stalled up and i have to clamp the brake lines, thats saying something, had nothing to do with who was driving cos it was me both times, and for all these people saying a stock standard ba can do a stand still, i dont know what the go is, maybe you can, but my mk11 futura certainly cant, i dont know if u's lie about it, but i have no shame in saying it wont do it, i dont know, maybe yous dont have an lsd, the car hasnt got traction controll, all it does is squat in the rear end, i have 18's on it. but whoever says a stock ba 6 can smoke 2 wheels up is most definately tugging themselves and cant tell the truth! :lol: and no, 205's, no bald tyres, no slippery surfaces, no mods, no brake clamps, no steering at full lock, no s**t

this will have to do with EBD (electronic brake distribution).

mine won't spin the wheels unless you stall it up on the brakes then quickly release the brakes and step on it again, has to do with the ABS setup.

thats what i sed at the start that it had to do with abs in another thread, but everyone sed yeh wateva... i'll be sure to try that this arv, but its always hard finding a time and a place when no one is around

CAM860 - White BA 05 Futura, GT bodykit, Cobra badges, BSA 18" mags, Altezza tail lights, Lower bumper forced pod induction

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XC V8

SA, Australia

well my EB does burnouts with 235's on the back and a lsd so it must be the driver and thats auto,

i can also get the barina auto 1.4 to spin the wheels and its got wide tyres for a small car i think there 205's, did one 17 meters long on monday had two mates see it as well,

but it was all done on privet propety as it is ilegal to do it on public roads.

1976 XC falcon
182 Clio Sport

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ba

VIC, Australia

same here my on 235 45 17s, lsd, with a passenger lights then up :)

Ba Stock As A Rock

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba xr6 turbo

VIC, Australia

Slabz wrote:
two letters.... N and D (in that order too :P )

well that shows how smart you are dont it?? haha

most people that cant do stand stills in a auto is cause they think holding the brake on full will stop them moving.. but also will stop you back one moving too.. press the brake on a little.. push the acc on ALL the way down and put little by little more push onto your brake so the car stops but the wheels at the back are turning.. my mums old s**t heap auto AU XR6 never spin well... did spin put nothing to get excited over.... symple lite brake hard acc then off she goes

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

mine used to have a bit of trouble spinning when it had rims, had 17s, 245s on the rear and it would bog down and struggle under 2500rpm, once you got above 2500rpm, clouds and clouds of smoke. Im assumiing thats because 2500 is where the cams power range starts.

Now with 15" interceptors and 205s it lights up when i dont want it to :D

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:09 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 16 images

Power: 165 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Its an ED Fairmont with EL XR6 running gear, JMM headers, JMM hi-flow intake hi-flow cat and 2.5inch sports exhaust. The tyres are dunlop sport 300e.
And for those who come across as know it all, my previous ride (stock XD 351 fmx with LSD) would fry the tyres just thinking about doing a burnout, so I beleive I'm not a first timer at it.

Last edited by HP hungry on Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

it should spin if u pump the brakes..
if not
whats the point?
if u go down the drags, u spin wheels on the water anyway so there wont be a problem!

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

With modified el xr6 running gear it should pull a good patch
and keep it going as long as you want :lol:

05 XR6T shockwave prem sound t56 k&n 2cai center muffler mod / 95 ef Fairmont ghia stock.

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 08 BF MK11 Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

man jump on the brake, it wont light up off a dead stop with an auto when u plant it. so break pedel or get a manual

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Mine does stand stills no probs on standard tyres.... lots and lots of smoke. I will be fixing this soon with 225 wide tyres.. burnouts cost too much money

Post subject: Spin
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

QLD, Australia

hmmm im running 205's brand new dump it off the mark and it revs out first spinning, apply the break and your sitting there smoking..........click second for more smoke :D

but my car has some mods, Stock motor though.

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit
In Progress: EL 4 Speed Auto- 3000 STALL - To be fitted
EF Tickford Race Spec Head Port- In the shop
Custom SureCam - Chiptorque

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

LOL just to prove it to myself i went out the back got in the old 1976 mazda 323 which hasnt been running for 2 yrs with its fully sick 1.? litre motor n did a burnout just goes to show how much power u need to light the wheels up :P If u own a falcon that wont do a burnout with a good driver in it theres something seriously wrong with it..........

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:08 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA FALCON

QLD, Australia

gryph wrote:
LOL just to prove it to myself i went out the back got in the old 1976 mazda 323 which hasnt been running for 2 yrs with its fully sick 1.? litre motor n did a burnout just goes to show how much power u need to light the wheels up :P If u own a falcon that wont do a burnout with a good driver in it theres something seriously wrong with it..........

oh yeah, so the 323 has an lsd?.... 245's?.... abs/ebs?....
i can do one in the ride on mower too, your point is pointless!

CAM860 - White BA 05 Futura, GT bodykit, Cobra badges, BSA 18" mags, Altezza tail lights, Lower bumper forced pod induction

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next