Fordmods Logo

Observations on Brake Upgrades! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Observations on Brake Upgrades!
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Quote:
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:07 pm Post subject: Twinpot Brake Upgrades for E Series!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems the ELGT Style Brake Upgrade Kit for the E Series is almost here.

Joe from Crescent Motorsports in Sydney and also Darren from Fentree Gully Auto Salvage in Melbourne are both doing these kits which will comply of;

Modified Spindles (Left+Right) on exchange basis
Twinpot Calipers (PBR or Tickfords)
330mm Rotors (although Joe might do a cheaper 297mm rotor kit too)
Braided Hoses

Approx price is about $1000-1500.

Thought i'd let everyone know again about this as seems to be a lot of interest, both sydney and melbourne will ship these out on your expensive of package/shipping (varies from state to state). If you are interested please let us know here as we need to know numbers.

Quote:
Posted: Today at 7:32 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your input

We will probably not be doing any more of this sort of stuff now due to the hassles it porvides by trying to do someone a favour

Thanks to those who have been patient and those that expressed genuine interest

This thread is now going to be locked and will be revived if and when the kits come thru

Just a small matter of 6 months between the first post and the last post. Perhaps it's harder and more costly than you think to get fully engineered products like this onto the market. After all, there are some serious safety issues here.

I think the frustration expressed by some individuals is to be expected. When ya brakes need servicing, they need servicing!!!! They were hoping to be able to do this conversion. I'm not sure that anyone was asking for charity as the tone of the last post indicated.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

spilt milk.

current ride: worn out chuck taylors

Post subject: Re: Observations on Brake Upgrades!
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Quote:
Just a small matter of 6 months between the first post and the last post. Perhaps it's harder and more costly than you think to get fully engineered products like this onto the market. After all, there are some serious safety issues here.

I think the frustration expressed by some individuals is to be expected. When ya brakes need servicing, they need servicing!!!! They were hoping to be able to do this conversion. I'm not sure that anyone was asking for charity as the tone of the last post indicated.

Yeah mate u have every right to say that....any big project like this one is expected not to go smoothly...like a big turbo conversion.

The main fact is Joe at Crescent and I guess the guys at FTG wanted to first spread the word of this possible project to see how much interest it would excite.....I guess one thing people forget is no one really began with how long this was going to take....and more they just wanted to see how many people were interested to see if it was even worth doing to begin with.

Im not sure entirely what Nick meant by his last post and im sure he didnt mean for anyone to take it the wrong way....its just wanna those projects that isnt a tiny quick fix - they will take time and alot of testing....plus there are so mnay utterly useless engineers out there and those that may not have been that confident with taking on this project...like anything there is always hiccups that we dont always see as something that could ever happen.

Just my rant anyhow

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Post subject: ???
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1990 EA Spac

NSW, Australia

There is no problem asking if people would be interested and giving a broard outline of the expected product and a ballpark price. But u should not give any dates of supply untill u have had some product delivered and tested . (engineers cert as well) seeing u brought up the safty issue. And also while we are on about it what about ADR approval. Has that been checked etc. A lot of things that needed to be done before stiring up the troups .

Drive safe, arrive alive

EA Spak EL dash and interior, thermo's,BBM, EF head and cam, superlows,

Post subject: Re: ???
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

falconea wrote:
There is no problem asking if people would be interested and giving a broard outline of the expected product and a ballpark price. But u should not give any dates of supply untill u have had some product delivered and tested . (engineers cert as well) seeing u brought up the safty issue. And also while we are on about it what about ADR approval. Has that been checked etc. A lot of things that needed to be done before stiring up the troups .

I dont think any real dates were ever given out each time I checked a forum or called Joe for an update it was hopin to be ready in a few weeks etc never oh yeah "will" be done in a week sorta thing.

And as far as I know these kits were being organised as being fully engineered etc not sure whether they actually came with the certificate. And on that note i dont think an engineer would approve something that wasnt ADR compliant....but I dont know for sure

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]