Price on KYB struts/shocks 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Price on KYB struts/shocks
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

$457.00 for KYB Excel G struts and shocks. Does anyone have any better suggestions for under $500? They are for superlow height springs on an AU with IRS.

Also what type (ratchet/screw/shim etc) of camber kit should I buy? Pedders quoted me $560 to get a camber kit and alignment on all wheels which I thought was pretty steep, but then forgot to ask what type of camber adjustment they used (not sure if some types sell for more as the ones I have seen are around $100-150).

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Post subject: Re: Price on KYB struts/shocks
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Give Tim at City Suspension a call. He will give you your best option given the price, and they do great work there too.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Will check them out.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:38 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

I'd also give Driveline Services a call. They quoted me KYB shocks all round fitted for approx. $600. More importantly they sell their own 'durashock' product, which was fitted for around $550 on my AU with IRS. These are a far superior shock for a falcon to KYB, and are specifically for lowered vehicles (short stroke shocks). I've been impressed with mine.

http://www.driveline.com.au/branches.htm

' Durashock Suspension combines experience and technology in a modified twin tube body that resists external damage from possible road conditions. This configuration allows for a separate multi-staged rebound and compression valving to be contained within the housing.

Durashocks are equipped with the latest technological advances such as:

Teflon Sealing Rings (Not o rings)
Seamless Chrome Moly Inner Tubing (no welds)
Paint baked on at 85 °C for corrosion resistance
Rubber Bushing supplied standard
Oil or oil plus gas filled.
The result is a superior ride that reduces pitch and roll, reacts immediately to harsh surfaces and yet maintains a smooth and stable ride at high speed for the perfect balance of stability and comfort.'

Joe

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]