Fordmods Logo

problem bf gt 

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: problem bf gt
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

this car has been in just about every bloody ford workshop in brizzy .here's the problem .....on takeoff the a*** end knocks like someone is hitting under the floor with a hammer .....so far to date the tail shaft has been replaced ,it was stuffed ,right side independent drive was also stuffed .....the diff carrier was replaced ,torn bushes ,parts are obselete (yeah obselete)so entire carrier was replaced ,no the traction control is not too sensitive .the gear box and engine mounts seem to be intact so no movement there .the list goes on with the problems this car has had ,and no its not thrashed as its been like this since day one that it was purchased ,would not be game to give it a hidding ,would be frightened 1/2 the car would be left on the road .have not been able to go to free john bowe test with this car as he would prolly have a stroke from the laughter ......some of the other faults .....right hand rear muffler stuffed (oil canning ),decals on bonnet were miles off centre ,drivers scuff plate fallen off ,front end cracks when turning so we (ford )tighten it up , so now it cracks when ever you stop or take off ...the id badge has been missing since we got the car ,5 months has passed still not seen another ,oh and last but prolly not the last the alarm set itself off and refuse to shut the f#@* up when you press the button ,this happened when i was in the car with ignition on car running .geez reading back on this it would appear we have purchased a pile of crap :lol: any one want a fpv gt with 5000 k's on it ,all problems set aside bloody nice car but would like to find the problem with the a*** end ,anybody got any ideas from similar problems ......doc

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:02 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA Predator

QLD, Australia

holden lovin' gremlins? :?

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

dude that sounds f**k annoying.
push the point with ford that your car is a lemon and you want a new one, see what they do about it. then write letters to the papers, if they get it, they'll contact the manufacturer and then print about it.
Then if nothing is done, go to TV, current affair and s**t love this stuff. being a crybaby and putting lemon stickers on your car help nothing, be smart about it.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:19 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA Futura

WA, Australia

s**t man!! You need to kick some a*** at Ford, 5000k's??
You gotta crack some heads, surely they've got to replace the car if its as bad as you say??

My first Ford, and i like!!

Pretty standard ........... as yet! BA Futura in Acid Rush.

1st things 1st - Super lows and sweet 19's - it'll happen, just might take a while.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:27 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

My advice would be to forget getting this car fixed and push with ford/fpv for a new car due to the number of problems you have had for a brand new car, but play it cool. Don't lose your temper, dont threaten with ACA or newspapers or anything just yet. Ask peoples full names when you speak to them and write everything down, they'll play ball when you pull the serious sh*t on them. My uncle did the same thing with his lemon VE Calais V and managed to get a new one.

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:00 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

King Nothing wrote:
My advice would be to forget getting this car fixed and push with ford/fpv for a new car due to the number of problems you have had for a brand new car, but play it cool. Don't lose your temper, dont threaten with ACA or newspapers or anything just yet. Ask peoples full names when you speak to them and write everything down, they'll play ball when you pull the serious sh*t on them. My uncle did the same thing with his lemon VE Calais V and managed to get a new one.

On second thoughts forget what i said, this is much more sensible advice, surely they're obligated to replace the vehicle? But yeah, make sure you try and get full names when you speak to people (either on the phone or in person) you've got a record of who you spoke to but more importantly they immediately know your serious.

Goodluck, let us know how you get on.

1st things 1st - Super lows and sweet 19's - it'll happen, just might take a while.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

not good news, you purchase an expensive car and deserve to get the quality you expect, hope it all works out for ya.

Just make sure you document all the receipts for repairs you have so far and take images of existing (cosmetic or other) problems the car has at the moment. Enough problems in craftsmanship should be grounds for replacement.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Sounds like the same blokes built my BA XR6T :cry: :cry: :cry:

By far too many problems for a brand new car...

vik...funny how ford go deaf when you got a problem :x :x :x

[b]BANNED[\b]

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

i knew there was something else ,the rear wing centre post was not even bolted down ...you gotta luv it .....and if you think that the problems are bad enough ,get this...before any of these problems were found i took the car to one of fords leading company's in ipswich ,after having it back twice they come up with "this is one of the tidiest underbody's they had seen "could not fault the car ....since then we have found real work shops within ford .....is going back next monday to see what else they find .if i'm lucky they might do my first service free :lol: seeing as it spends all its time at ford ,i just borrow it every now and then :roll: .later....doc

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:08 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Awwww man, you must be one chilled out character! I would be going mental :evil:

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 Patrol

QLD, Australia

Bad luck with the car... just dont go down the route some ppl go and plaster ya car wit stickers saying its a lemon. Take some of that advice... they will listen more if your calm cause if u start yelling i personally would switch off and not listen...

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

The dealership you went to must be full of it saying the parts are obsolite! they are just plain lazy replacing the bushes in the sub chassis (IRS) besides they make more money replacing the entire part and its easier for them. But yes as the others have said dont loose ur cool and get names and so on. If still no help ask for their manager and go higher if needed.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:11 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

That's a damn shame. Thankfully my BF GT-P has been almost flawless.

It had a 'tinking' sound in the tailshaft from delivery. It was a known problem, and it was replaced without problem at the 3K checkup service.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Post subject: bf gt probs
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

wot dealership are you taking it to? i work for q ford in springwood and it seems you have diff and tailshaft backlash on the pinion . have you had the whole diff replaced yet the crackin is easly fixed in 20 mins im not supprised at some of the probs you have had its true lazy ford style and craftmenship they dont build em like the used to :D :lol: :wink:

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:56 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Good Luck with geting anything from Ford...

A mate of mine bought a brand new FPV GT late last year, it did not even make it home from the dealer, dropped a valve driving down the M4 motorway in Sydney and destroyed the motor with less than 120km on the clock.

They towed the car and he got it back 2 weeks later with a new motor fitted, he wanted a new car as well, as he never got to take a new car home, as now he has a GT that already does not have its original motor any more....which greatly reduces the resale value of the car.

He took it all the way to FPV management requesting a replacment vehicle, and got nothing, not even a free t shirt....The Gt is now sold and he is contemplating a SS Commodore, and he has sworn to never buy another ford product ever, mind you he has exclusively driven fords for 20 years, and he recons he has never felt so insulted and ripped off as when he bought his FPV GT.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next