Fordmods Logo

q's about my new purchased statuary write off 

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:25 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

:shock: thanks for the reply...lol.. you should write a doco.

Ok, so centre is changeable, do it right, I got that lol. Check, then you say the ratio isn't inerchangeable... meaning if I got 3.08 or whatever now, if I stick in the LSD centre, it will become a 3.08 LSD?

I payed $1000 for the car.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

justfordima wrote:
:shock: thanks for the reply...lol.. you should write a doco.

Ok, so centre is changeable, do it right, I got that lol. Check, then you say the ratio isn't inerchangeable... meaning if I got 3.08 or whatever now, if I stick in the LSD centre, it will become a 3.08 LSD?

I payed $1000 for the car.

Cheers

Yup .. Th center is change able .. thats how I got a 3.08:1 LSD in my car ... and love it!

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

au2low wrote:
justfordima wrote:
And a fine choice of drink :lol:

Thanks for that, so it had a 2.92, that sucks. My car stock has like a 3.08, so I won't bother with that. With the suspension, I meant the shocks and compressor, but 30-50$ for just the compressor, I see that I'm lucky to sell any of it.

So we have established that they did come stock with the T5, and that it's not just a dodgy guy.

but what would I use to get the car 1/2 meter off the ground? is there something specific, or is it just impossible without a pit inspection thingy, and I have to take the engine out, to get to the tranny?

Cheers

Oh I took out my 3.45:1 gears, because I do a lot of hwy driving!

Im running a 3.08:1 LSD in my ED XR6, removed the standard open wheel center and replaced it with a LSD center, No problems, just make sure you do it right, then you won't get any whining.

And yes The EA Fairmont ghias did come as a manual .. I've got one sitting outside, And its not a auto converted one .

You also don't need to take the motor out to take the tranny out.

Buy a jack, just go to supercheap and buy one, and axel stands (4) , jack the front of the car up, place the stands on the crossmember, do the same with the back, Jack it up, put the diff on axel stands,

Unbolt the tailshaft, take it out, get lots of auto fluid everywhere, drop the auto crossmember, remove the inspection plate from the front of the auto, unbolt the 4 bolts holding the touque convertor to the flex plate, You will need to rotate the motor a few times to get them all, undo all the T-bar shifter gear from underneath the car, Undo all the auto bolts, Have fun removing the top starter motor bolt, lol ... (one bolt modication! lol) . ;)

Now, since you have removed the crossmember, and everything that goes with it, and unbolted the box from the block, you should be able to pull the box away from the block, just beware, its very heavy, get a mate to help you, and also use the trolley jack under the auto to pull it away .

ALso, If removing the manual box, you need to seperatate it from the bellhousing first, 4 15MM bolts,

I've got so much spare time at the moment, I should write some doco's!

Motor in, Motor out, Yeah, thats one way of doing it, But if your going to pull the motor out, why not do some work on the motor too? .. rear main, front timing harmonic balancer seal? ... Give it all a degrease first ..

Since speaking to a few people in brissy, you can use a 6bolt clutch . on the standard EA/EB1 flywheel, There are extra holes there for it . But you might need to get a one or two drilled. .. But they are the same size/ ring gear, and weight .

EA/EB1 being 3.9MPI both have 3bolt clutches, Its the 4.0ltr that had the 6bolt clutch .

I fanged around in my ED with a EA fllywheel and 3 bolt clutch, Never had a problem with it .. Never slipped or anything, If you want a good 3 bolt clutch, get a dakin ..

Just out of interest, How much did you pay for the car? .

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3