Fordmods Logo

raising a ef wagon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: raising a ef wagon
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

I don't what anything as major as the "jacked off it's nut" thread, I am after some info on lifting the front by 2 inches and the rear by 1 1/2 inches. The rear could be reset but what would I do with the front. Would fitting different springs to the struts just shag the strut due to be at full stretch all the time??
Also in regards to swapping diffs, can a ute diff be put into a wagon with out to much trouble? Will all the brake fittings and leaf springs sit in the same spot on the diff housing??
Thanks for your help

No that couldn't have been ME officer

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

The XH's and that use a different hand brake set up, so that causes issues with swapping the diffs.

King Springs do raised front coil springs and rear leaf springs which would probably be the easiest option.
You could get your rear leafs reset as you said, but the King Springs are heavy duty and have an extra leaf aswell. I doubt they're much more expensive than having your old springs reset and an extra leaf added and you've got the bonus of them being brand new and made like that with warranty.
As for shocks, I've got no idea. Have you seen if Monroe or anyone do raised height shocks?

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

would the xg diff be the same as the xh. Did ford offer shorter ratio's in the wagon's like 3.45 or even 2.92's.
In regards to the front struts I have had a bit of a look around but thought I would try and find someone that has done something like this before. So I could ask if there were any issues I need to address.

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

efwagoon wrote:
would the xg diff be the same as the xh. Did ford offer shorter ratio's in the wagon's like 3.45 or even 2.92's.
In regards to the front struts I have had a bit of a look around but thought I would try and find someone that has done something like this before. So I could ask if there were any issues I need to address.

I don't know about the diff differences between the utes.
Yeah, the EF XR wagons got a 3.45 LSD which is what I have in my wagon now. As for finding one, might be hard as if I remmeber right only 300 EF XR6 wagons were made.

O, and obviously you didn't bother looking too hard at what shocks were avaliable - specially since I specifically mentioned Monroe. I just checked there website and they list shocks for raised height Falcons.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

As I mentioned I had looked around and yes I did go to monroe, but I would like to speak to someone that has had some experience with this sort of thing. For example does the tail shaft have to be lengthened and/or strengthened, does lifting the front affect steering geometry and similar questions.
Also I know that Ford released a country pack which had raised suspension and a few other things but I am after more specific info.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

You can wedge the diff at the mounting to the leaf spring to fix the angle of the tailshaft.
Your not really raising it that much...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]