Fordmods Logo

RDA pads 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: RDA pads
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el wagon

VIC, Australia

Hi ppl, bought a set of RDA rotors off Fleabay, and they came with RDA pads. Has anybody used these pads, and with what result?

They are about 1/2 the price of, say, Bendix pads, will this mean they only perform half as good?? (You get what you pay for?)

Cheers

Post subject: Re: RDA pads
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:08 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

bendix ct pads being the most popular and worst performing pad ive ever come across.
if something performs half as good as bendix ct pads,thats a worry!! your better off using your thongs as brake pads... :lol: :lol:

long story short, imo bendix ct's are the most over priced s**t pads on the planet..

give the rda pads a try, you already have them... they cant be any worse than the bendix ct's, you might be supprised

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:26 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 94 NC II FAIRLANE

NSW, Australia

i use qfm there a good price and work well.

If life was easy we would all be living

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

creeture3 wrote:
Hi ppl, bought a set of RDA rotors off Fleabay, and they came with RDA pads. Has anybody used these pads, and with what result?

They are about 1/2 the price of, say, Bendix pads, will this mean they only perform half as good?? (You get what you pay for?)

Cheers

I bought some RDA slotted rotors a while back and also bought RDA 'extreme' brake pads to go with them and I am very happy with the rotors and the pads. My car pulls up very well.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i bought new RDA standard rotors with RDA pads and the brakes were very noisy, lots of brake dust

ive heard alot of good things about QFM pads, so i may give them a try next

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah, may as well give them a go, I can always change them if they aren't any good. 8-)

Interesting what you said Troyman, I have been using Bendix on and off for years, and find them o.k. Maybe a different style of driving? I have just fitted a set of the new "stealth" pads, and have yet to drive the car to se how they go.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Just make sure the caliper slides are free to move, and change your brake fluid at the same time....it all helps.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

cjh wrote:
Just make sure the caliper slides are free to move, and change your brake fluid at the same time....it all helps.

+1 it's always good practice to re-lubricate your slide pins with slide pin grease! I have worked on a few cars at work with seized slide pins and it can be a royal pain in the a** to take them apart!

and on that note, don't use normal grease on the slide pins because it will break down the rubber slide pin boots...

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:47 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

creeture3 wrote:
Yeah, may as well give them a go, I can always change them if they aren't any good. 8-)

Interesting what you said Troyman, I have been using Bendix on and off for years, and find them o.k. Maybe a different style of driving? I have just fitted a set of the new "stealth" pads, and have yet to drive the car to se how they go.

i have also used bendix ct's up untill they brought out the stealth rubbish..
to be honest if you drove normal they would be fine and there is next to no dust from them..
but there is no performance to be had from them..
the first set of ct stealth i fitted were removed within a month.. brake hard once fine, brake hard twice, ok but start to fade, brake hard again and they start burning with no stopping ability.. this is hard braking at around 70kmh..
i took it down the 1/4 mile with 600mtrs to stop, yes it stoped but braking from 180kmh within 600mtrs was enough to get them smoking...

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Quote:
to be honest if you drove normal they would be fine and there is next to no dust from them..

That is all they will be used for, I know the driver VERY well :lol: and I know that they really wont be used hard.

Quote:
i took it down the 1/4 mile with 600mtrs to stop, yes it stoped but braking from 180kmh within 600mtrs was enough to get them smoking...

I am sure that the car wont be doing that..... :shock: :lol:

I'm gonna give the RDA's a go on one car, and the CT's a go on another

Quote:
+1 it's always good practice to re-lubricate your slide pins with slide pin grease! I have worked on a few cars at work with seized slide pins and it can be a royal pain in the a** to take them apart!

Usually do that and use Coppercote. Seems o.k. so far

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]