Removing Heater Box 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Removing Heater Box
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

So ive pulled my dash of it mounting points and have gotten the clutch pedal box out (it was FUBAR) now seeing as i dont want to have to remove the dash again in a very long time i figure its better to change the heater core now while its somewhat apart

now whats the go with the fuse panel, does that unclip/unbolt or do i just unplug the wires and the thats that.

also how do i remove the wire that heater tap wire from the control panel. ive aken the screws off but it just doesnt want to come out

cheers

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

fuse block remains untouched.

get your contortion on and climb under there, you will see a pair of big f**k plugs with bolts holding them in on the firewall side above the accelerator pedal. undo these and take them out. those plugs contain the other end of the wires to the fuse block.

which heater tap wire are you talking about? do you mean the steel cable like a push bike brake cable or something? if so, if its like EF, you just pop it out towards you.

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

nicco wrote:
fuse block remains untouched.

get your contortion on and climb under there, you will see a pair of big f**k plugs with bolts holding them in on the firewall side above the accelerator pedal. undo these and take them out. those plugs contain the other end of the wires to the fuse block.

which heater tap wire are you talking about? do you mean the steel cable like a push bike brake cable or something? if so, if its like EF, you just pop it out towards you.

so in regards to the box thats bolted to the pedal i just undo those 2 bolts that holds the plugs in and thats that

and yes the steel wire that comes out of the heater control panel do i undo that at the heater box side or the control panel side. ive tried to pull it out of the panel but it just doesnt want to budge

these are the only 2 things that are stopping me from physically removing the dash from the car.

many thanks for your reply also

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

with plugs, yep thats it. they dont even have clips in them, so they will pull straight out when you pull on them.

this the bit you are talking about yes?
to get it out, get a small flat head screwdriver or something similar under the little silver top on the clamp (thats already off in this photo obviously). it will simply come right off. to get the cable out then all you have to do is pry it outwards from the heater box. just jam your fingers under it and it will pop out.

hope that helps

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]