Post subject: Re: ride height
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

znipa-x wrote:
looking at replacing my springs with some lower ones at the same time as I do my shocks, but I need to figure out what I have now, I've checked the manual but can't seem to find the standard ride height for a V8 EF, and the numbers you are given on after market is "X"mm lower than standard, being Ex-Chaser, do I have stock or Sports and whats the standard height so I know what I'll end up with, I'm not after superlow, just lower than I have now.

currently I have from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the gaurd wheel arch.

Front - 345mm
Rear - 370mm (or 365mm to the plastic molding)

kings quote there springs as hub to guard, not 'X' mm lower than std. those figures you have are stock for rear and seems superlow on front. that must sit up at the rear a fair bit. i have an eb but it is pretty much the same set up. kings superlows are 345mm hub to gaurd for fronts and about 355mm for rear i think.

if your fronts are stock they may be shagged and thats why its sitting down that low.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2004 BA XR8

NSW, Australia

yeh my chaser is definitely not stock height at the front, cos i get huge scrape-age on most driveways, and it looks noticeably lower than my old standard Gli as well. Cant really tell if the rear is standard or low by looking at it, but i have this funny feeling looking at it that it isnt, so i have a slanty car o.0

2004 BA XR8 in Blueprint
- Premium Sound
- Full Leather
- Sunroof

1996 EFII GLi - OPT20 Police Pack
- EL XR seats

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2