Fordmods Logo

Rough drive in EL 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Rough drive in EL
Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon EL 98

QLD, Australia

Hi everyone. I have a 98 EL GLI auto sedan with 188000 on the clock, and this is not a 'thrashed' or treated rough vehicle.

Recently it has started a 'pulling back, lurching and surging' feeling to the drive especially on acceleration and going up hill. There are also some light sounding clicks and clunks coming from the back. Does this sound like diff or gearbox? I am inclined to think diff, which is a single spin 3.08.

Before all of this started, I have been thinking about putting an LSD in to cut the annoying wheel spin on intersections going into a sharp incline. I had a car nearly slam up the back of me once on one of these where I momentarily lost traction, even on the most careful and light accelerator application practicable. I have come to know of a 3.45 LSD available with 144000km on it, but apparently very tight and in good condition. They are looking for about $750 for it. Is this a reasonable sort of price for a unit as described? Also will it bolt into my EL GLI without modifying it? The 3.45 is coming out of a E series Fairmont Ghia.

Thanks for any advice,
Mark

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA GT

WA, Australia

Buy the LSD, yes good price!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]