ROUGH RIDE 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: ROUGH RIDE
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:31 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

Hey Guys,

Ive got lovells superlows in the front and king springs superlows in the rear but the rears are compressed 40mm. With monroe shocks all round ( standard ones i think). Anyways i was thinking of just getting new shockers all round to improve the ride, because im happy with the way the car sits. 100mm clearance all round and legal :D. BUT i was told that putting new shocks in the rear wont help the ride quality because of the springs are compressed. He reckoned i was better off getting Ultralows OR lovells SSL instead of shockers. Whats everyone reckon, was this guy talking out the wrong hole or is there some truth in it? What should i do?

Ford Built Tough!

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

With your car that low and on standard shocks its no wonder its a rough ride. Basically you have no or very little suspension travel, in otherwords you are riding on the shock bump stops. Shortened shocks will improve the ride and make it legal as currently your ride height may be legal but having no suspension travel is illegal.

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

you need at least short shafts shockers in the rear. front struts should be fine

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

have a look at my sig, that is my car, i am currently sitting on the stops, and it is a rough ride, not rough/stiff, but rough bouncy because of the stops.

No replacement shock will change s**t. As EBSPAC said, you need short body struts in the front, and short body shocks in the back. NOT SHORT STROKE. There is a difference.

However, the short body struts are entirely shorter by 30mm, including the spring seat, so you will need new springs in the front to match, otherwise your front will be 30mm lower than it is now. This is the only way to be as low, and have suspension travel.

This week i ordered 2 x short body shocks, 2 x matching springs to retain my height, and 2 x rear short body shocks, and 4 x new better bumpstops. It totalled $940.

Its the only way to do it man.

andrew.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

mine is lowered 2" and you don't need short struts in the front. i said they'd be fine!

Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

PIMP_LTD wrote:
have a look at my sig, that is my car, i am currently sitting on the stops, and it is a rough ride, not rough/stiff, but rough bouncy because of the stops.

No replacement shock will change s**t. As EBSPAC said, you need short body struts in the front, and short body shocks in the back. NOT SHORT STROKE. There is a difference.

However, the short body struts are entirely shorter by 30mm, including the spring seat, so you will need new springs in the front to match, otherwise your front will be 30mm lower than it is now. This is the only way to be as low, and have suspension travel.

This week i ordered 2 x short body shocks, 2 x matching springs to retain my height, and 2 x rear short body shocks, and 4 x new better bumpstops. It totalled $940.

Its the only way to do it man.

andrew.

WTF what shocks did you buy? thats heaps expensive!

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

EB S-pac wrote:
mine is lowered 2" and you don't need short struts in the front. i said they'd be fine!

Lowered 2", and sitting on the stops is 2 completly different things dude.

Mitch - The shocks for front are Pedders BSR short body sealed struts part no 9934 at $450 a pair,
the rears are short body pedders GSR part no 9080 at $236 a pair,
the front springs are pedders touring part no 6404 at $150 a pair,
and 4 new cushy bump stops part no 4356 at $24 each.

Compared to kings springs, the springs are relativly cheap, and compared to the rubbish shocks that monroe offer, thats not bad either. Also with king and monroe gear, i sit on the stops with no travle. With the Pedders gear, i get travel, at the same height. :)

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Gli

VIC, Australia

could of got koni adjustables for that price...

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

But are they shorter body? As thats what is needed to sit so low.

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dude i know that. that is what i was trying to say

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]