SOFT BUTTON CLUTCH HAS ANY BODY USED THIS TYPE 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: SOFT BUTTON CLUTCH HAS ANY BODY USED THIS TYPE
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:46 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU VCT,68 LANE,84 COURIER,

QLD, Australia

after all my clutch problems they tell me that i will need to fit a button ceramic clutch if i want it to work on the track....ok because button clutch only cost $180 more ok is the fact i can use my HD pressure plate...... just get my flywheel machined (again) and i am told it should be good for some serious thrashing...any way my question is any body else used a ceramic button clutch (soft) is it harsh ?.... its going in a au with irs..... did it have an improvement?

YOU CAN LIVE IN A CAR BUT YOU CANT DRIVE A HOUSE

Post subject: Re: SOFT BUTTON CLUTCH HAS ANY BODY USED THIS TYPE
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:21 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF XR6

QLD, Australia

Well tecnically no a ceramic clutch will not be harsh. With an organic clutch you will wreck them by riding them, and as soon as they have a descent slip the are prettywell stuffed, as you probaly know. With a ceramic, button or not, they can handle being slipped alot more so they are smoother with take offs because you can slip them. As for how harshly they grab, with a kick of the clutch for eg, that is more dependent on your pressure plate pressure but a creramic plate will grab harder with less slip than a organic but it is not a massive change. Although a ceramic button compared to a full surface organic will grab a fair bit harder. I had a custom made 10" full face organic in my car with a 1500 psi of pressure plate pressure which grabbed slightly harder then a mate of mines full face ceramic that was running 1300 psi, but the ceramic was easier to drive. So as you can see to get the same grab out of a ceramic you can use less pressure plate psi. I am now upgrading to a custom XR6T 10.5" cussion button, which has something like 2400psi but still holds less pedal pressure than the stock XR6 clutch. The increase in psi is because the flywheel surface is slightly greater and it is now billet. This might be something you should look at doing if you are haveing problems over powering the clutch.

EF XR6 Manual 271RWHP/199RWKW N/A using Stock manifold with dual plane runners still operating. EFI Hardware 6TBM to come mid year.

Post subject: Re: SOFT BUTTON CLUTCH HAS ANY BODY USED THIS TYPE
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:35 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU VCT,68 LANE,84 COURIER,

QLD, Australia

thanks for the good info mate...when i changed the clutch i had the option to go to the larger flywheel but didnt take it with larger pressure and clutch plates it was a little rich and i thought it was over kill....it only made 190 bhp didnt think it was much power,not enough to wreck there 240 kw clutch anyway ...i dont skid it but i do race it...well i hope the smaller button clutch will do the job and the I.R.S wont get to noisy like they say

YOU CAN LIVE IN A CAR BUT YOU CANT DRIVE A HOUSE

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]