Fordmods Logo

Spider Gears in a diff 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Spider Gears in a diff
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:20 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Is it the spider gears that sit inside a single spinner housing?

Is it ok to put a set of these gears from another single spinner centre into mine without the need to set any type of clearances?

I want to take the lokka out of my ute but threw away the old gears.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Spider Gears in a diff
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Yeah spider gear are whats whats also known as the sun gears or planetry gears.
Nope you cant just mix and match them. Clearance etc would have to be done and then it is no guarantee of success putting different wear patterns etc together.
Why do you want to pull the locker?

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Spider Gears in a diff
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Yeah spider gear are whats whats also known as the sun gears or planetry gears.
Nope you cant just mix and match them. Clearance etc would have to be done and then it is no guarantee of success putting different wear patterns etc together.
Why do you want to pull the locker?


Doh!

So those curved washers that sit behind the gears come in different sizes?

Im thinking of selling the ute and getting a sedan or another 4wd and dont think your average AU ute buyer will appreciate the clunkiness.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Spider Gears in a diff
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:06 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Yeah the curved washers are the thrust washers. They can be changed to suit different clearances.
Would most likely be better off buying another ute or wagon diff disc to disc and throwing that in.
Then you could sell the ute difff complete if you decided to get rid of it.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Spider Gears in a diff
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:07 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Sounds like the go if I can find one.

Thanks for your help.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Spider Gears in a diff
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Lucked out on ebay and won a disc to disc 3.45 LSD from a V8 ute for $182. :D :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Spider Gears in a diff
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Wanna sell the lokka? :lol:

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Spider Gears in a diff
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:24 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

skidder wrote:
Wanna sell the lokka? :lol:

Lokka + AU IRS = bad idea. You WILL break s**t. Alot.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Spider Gears in a diff
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Its already sold.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Spider Gears in a diff
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:18 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
skidder wrote:
Wanna sell the lokka? :lol:

Lokka + AU IRS = bad idea. You WILL break s**t. Alot.


Really?

Looks like s**t LSD rebuild :(

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:24 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names