Squeaky rear brakes or diff - AUII Fairmont Ghia 6cyl 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Squeaky rear brakes or diff - AUII Fairmont Ghia 6cyl
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 75th AUII Ghia

NSW, Australia

Im in Sydney by the way
This is a VCT Ghia 6cyl 75th anniversary model. It has done 290k all freeway miles so it runs good serviced and all. The mechanic replaced rear brake rotors and since then - there was noise like something loose inside calibres or something mostly felt on little bumps like road reflectors. He then put together hand-brake pads is what he said - and now that is gone. Now it starts to squeak and the morning I took it in - it didnt squeak. Then the guys now says it is the diff. From one thing to another when initially was nothing. So other forums suggest the brakes maybe some lube or something as when I pull the hand-brake while rolling down the driveway it makes it go away but then it comes back so if anyone experiences this before or think it could be related to diff pls help. Im about to go over $2000 with this guy and Im loyal to them but they just keep giving me stories each time. I still believe its the brakes - drum pads or whatever it is or lubrication somewhere - Im not too sure - appreciate your help and is diff oil something I can check and top up at home?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]