Fordmods Logo

Squeeky Brakes 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Squeeky Brakes
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XR6t

VIC, Australia

I have a series 1 AU fairmont ghia and ever since i brought it (second hand), it has had squeeky brakes on and off. However, recently the brakes have started to make really loud squeeking noises constantly and when driving long distance a noise can be heard even while driving (the noise is like a tick tick tick tick tick tick tick) i presumed it was just the brake pads needing to be replaced so i mentioned this to the service department at my local ford dealer when i put it in for its 120k service. They said that the brake pads were fine and that the noise is just ford brakes and they all do that (same story another ford dealer gave me when i brought it). I previously had an XF and it didnt make this noise. Any body have any ideas what it could be or are they right and its just ford brakes.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

ever since asbestos was banned in brake pads the materials they use to squeel more than before, different brands squeel less than others, there is also a paste that can be applied to the back of the pads to reduce it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]