Stub Axle 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Stub Axle
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Hi All,

I own a BA Xr8 and I recently bumped my baby in to the curb. As a result I believe that the stub axle has been bent a lil as my left hand side camber is +2.0. Now my question is will i have to go to Ford for a replacement, does anywhere else sell them or can you straighten them up(last resort)... I know ford do sell them but you all know how much they charge. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks :!:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:45 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

my advice - go to a reputable suspension place (pedders) and get there 28pt sfty check done. This will eliminate all guess work and will get your car fixed properly. I work at the ossy park store if you want to pop in - i'll be sure to look after you. Just mention your off here.

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

xf_xr6 wrote:
my advice - go to a reputable suspension place (pedders) and get there 28pt sfty check done. This will eliminate all guess work and will get your car fixed properly. I work at the ossy park store if you want to pop in - i'll be sure to look after you. Just mention your off here.

pedders arent reputable! they told my mate that his ute needed bits replaced that didnt! lucky he went elsewhere and they just serviced the required bit!

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:54 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
xf_xr6 wrote:

pedders arent reputable! they told my mate that his ute needed bits replaced that didnt! lucky he went elsewhere and they just serviced the required bit!

I knew it wouldn't take long....

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:03 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

xf_xr6 wrote:

Nah i've been there and thats what they have decided and i did get it confirmed else where, so its def the stub axle. I am currently tryin to save money for Europe so i guess i'm just wondering what my cheapest option is, cause Pedders quoted me almost 2 grand.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]