stuck in 2nd 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: stuck in 2nd
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: VT Calais 5L

QLD, Australia

hi all,

the ebus is phucked, it will go through 1st and 2nd gear no worries but thats about it, it stays in 2nd gear! i reved it out just to see if it would force its way in but no luck, i also tryed just cruising easing on the revs and still no change into third or 4th. so i've ruled out limp home mode.

i have checked the oil level and its fine, it takes off like normal and goes like normal till its time for 3rd.

also i might add this problem only occured after i got back from a moto ride, where i towed my bike and another (both 250cc dirtbikes about 200kg all up) up to mooloolah and back.

i have a pretty good guess that the auto trans is now past its used by date, anything else i should check to be sure to be sure.

cheers all

Cars: EB Fairmont 5spd 3.9L**sold**
VT Calais 98' 195i V8 - lux n power in 1

Bikes: 05 Honda CR250R

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:00 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

it actually changes from 1st to 2nd?

it does sound like limp home mode to me

the contacts on the selector swithc could be dirty?

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

well how much of an effort is it to convert to a manual, i know i'll need a man gearbox, and will have to get a clutch peddal put in, but do i need to get a manual ecu?? pretty sure i might.

whats the usuall cost of converting?

Is it cheaper just to buy a manual? keeping in mind the eb i have now is in bloody good nick and i've just had all the gaskets done plus a tidyup of the engine which set me back bit of cash.

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Converting to manual can cost you up to about $1500

Doesn't sound like limp home mode cause that keeps it in 3rd

Sounds like maybe the bands have gone so it wont go into 3rd or 4th

Time for manual conversion.....from what people say about manual conversions I don't think you'll regret it

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Post subject: Re: stuck in 2nd
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

Heeno wrote:
also i might add this problem only occured after i got back from a moto ride, where i towed my bike and another (both 250cc dirtbikes about 200kg all up) up to mooloolah and back.

i can't see 200kg's really having that effect on the box! that'd be just like having 2 fat bastards in the car with you :lol: i've towed close to 2000kg's and never want to do it again. keep in mind mine's manual, but my grandparent's auto has towed 1400kg's no probs from hobart to the gold coast.

could it be the solenoid switch thingy thinking the transmission's locked into second??

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

Heeno wrote:
well how much of an effort is it to convert to a manual, i know i'll need a man gearbox, and will have to get a clutch peddal put in, but do i need to get a manual ecu?? pretty sure i might.

Is it cheaper just to buy a manual? keeping in mind the eb i have now is in bloody good nick and i've just had all the gaskets done plus a tidyup of the engine which set me back bit of cash.

I do manual conversions on EB's for about $1200 drive in drive out $850 take the parts away and do it yourself!

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

altedxr6 wrote:
Heeno wrote:

I do manual conversions on EB's for about $1200 drive in drive out $850 take the parts away and do it yourself!

damn if you weren't up the sunny coast i'd be there, do you know anyone around the northside of brisbane who can do it? also what do you get when doing the conversion eg. man gearbox..

cheers

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

Heeno wrote:
altedxr6 wrote:
Heeno wrote:

damn if you weren't up the sunny coast i'd be there, do you know anyone around the northside of brisbane who can do it? also what do you get when doing the conversion eg. man gearbox..

cheers

Im not that far from northside brisbane !

I spend a lot of time going to brisbane and back ... im about 45mns from morayfield .

Last manual conversion took 5 hrs,

you get everythng to you need to convert the car .

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]