Fordmods Logo

Super low or Ultra low 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Super low or Ultra low
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU2 XR8

WA, Australia

Want to install lowered springs in my AU2 XR8 but don't know if to go king springs ultra low or superlow.

Has anyone got any photo's I could see of their lowered AU XR8, and what springs they used.

i am thinking of superlows - KFFL-57SL and KFFL-67SL.

Post subject: Re: Super low or Ultra low
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

this is just my opinion
superlows are apparently just legal but i got done with then being 10 mm to low must of sagged a bit and ultra low are definitely illegal

with those facts i would go the ultra lows it will look a s**t load better and your goin to get defected anyways if u get caught
just keep your stokies in the shed:)

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Super Low front, Ultra Low rear.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:26 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:

This man know the recipe for a level ride.

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
67RCE wrote:

This man know the recipe for a level ride.

Cheers Dave, it's also a practical height where it sits. Appearance wise, lower would be great, but it doesn't bottom out anywhere, didn't need a camber kit and rides well.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

super lows are only just legal in my car with superlows is 10mm from being illegal and it would bottom out as soon as someone was in sitting in the rear so i had to go lows in the rear and super lows in the front and although the wheel arches make it appear unlevel the roof is level havent had the cops try to defect it yet and im a p plater but ive followed every rule even the stupid headlight height rules and rim size rules etc

but ive got a fairlane so they weigh more than falcon and have more weight in the rear to

just my experiences

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
super lows are only just legal in my car with superlows is 10mm from being illegal and it would bottom out as soon as someone was in sitting in the rear so i had to go lows in the rear and super lows in the front and although the wheel arches make it appear unlevel the roof is level havent had the cops try to defect it yet and im a p plater but ive followed every rule even the stupid headlight height rules and rim size rules etc

but ive got a fairlane so they weigh more than falcon and have more weight in the rear to

just my experiences

My pic is MY XR8, with Kings Super Low front and SSL rear. This is how an AU sits. Not a freaking NF, noting AU XR8 sedans have IRS, which is a completely different ballgame to a Live Axle rear

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:

just my experiences

t***.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]