Fordmods Logo

Superlow To Ultralow 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Superlow To Ultralow
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Howdy howdy, i have (a while ago now) had a superlow suspension setup put in my fairmont comprising of king springs and monroe GT Gas shocks/struts (the usual). I will, depending on tax return, install an ultralow setup. Is it as simple as changing over springs? Maybe stiffer shocks? Im pretty sure the shocks are up to the ultralow job and confident there is enough clearance for the wheels.

Im not going for performance, just a visual effect. If anyone has got ultralows in their ride, let us know what you think and if there were any clerance issues to be dealt with.

Cheers, Matty B :D

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: '05 5.4L BA MK2 XT

NSW, Australia

ack!
my car is barely legal with the superlows!!

I see why you would want ultra-lowness, i'd love to have my rims up inside my guards too, but do you REALLY need it that low :P

If you bottom out at all with superlows I'd say its not worth the ultra's, theres only so much you can sacrifice for street cred.

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

After being so low that i almost couldnt see top of my tyres, ill tell you now, dont do it.
It looks hot, but to the poitn where it looks too low and stupid; its undrivable in realistic situations and if a cop sees it your gone instantly, ultralows are exactly that, ultra low, not legal by any means.
If it were a show car being carted on trailers, why not haha!

Good lucky with your decision, whats your ground clearance atmo?

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

I didnt think there would be a heck of a lot of difference between superlow and ultralow. I have never had the issue of bottoming out or tyres scrubbing in the guards so i was thinking that there could be a bit more room for lowering.

Maybe some sort of adjustable shock so i can dial in the minimum legal ride height or is superlow already at that point?

Daniel: Im not sure what the exact measurement is but there is still enough room to get me plate of meat (feet or foot) between the guard and the tyre. Ill shove a tape measure under the lowest point on the car tomuzz and see what i come up with. How undriveable was your bus previous to the 'Ticklane'?

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

your best off calling the transport Dept and finding out what the minimum ground clearance is... super lows have gotta be close to it... mine are too low

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB2

VIC, Australia

it has to be 100mm from the ground get a coke can or something thats about right.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]