Fordmods Logo

Suspension books or info and help?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Suspension books or info and help??
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hey all,

Looking for some good books on suspension design and setups, something quite technical rather than an overview type books.

I have ordered a couple today, "How to Build and Modify Sportscar and Kitcar Suspension" and "Chassis Engineering", but would like to add to the knowledge.

Basically I want to re-do the front and rear suspension on the XK Wagon using "Shockwave" air-over shocks.

I have spoken to a couple of airbag guys, each having their own 'kits' so to speak, which are quite expensive, so I am looking at just buying the shocks and pretty much fabricating everything else ie: new front arms, 4 link rear etc.

I know there are a couple of easy fixes like XW-Y front ends, but after doing a bit of reading I would like to keep the front wheels inboard as far as possible so it can retain full steering with no air in the bags, which means custom.

Also if anyone has suspension geometry program they can recommend or lend ;) it would be much appreciated.

Trying to get everything sorted, as it will head into the shed after the All Ford Day in March, hopefully I can make a rotisserie that will fit in the shed.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]