Sway bars, some more fair than others? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
xf_xr6 wrote:
I work at pedders, and there are varying sizes. For some reason there is a different size on different cars, even though they can be the same model. The pedders guy is not on crack, I think the person who made the swaybars and then fitted them was on crack!

How about maybe the thickness of the powder coating varies the thickness of the bars????
If they use 26mm bar stock, its 26mm. That is what the rolling mill is set at. Any variation would be very minimal.
my bar is 26.1-2mm i had to measure both to get new bushes from nolathane,they ask for the sizes beside the mount. :lol: :lol: :lol:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

punktured wrote:
After pedders told me i'd need lowering blocks on the ute i'd say they're all on crack :mrgreen:

My mate was told for best results, his VR would need a new pan hard rod when it was lowered. after he took it in and brought it around to my place i looked at the car funny

he didnt need the PHR cause it was still tracking good (pedders man doing his job trying to up sell) but he told him the car was to be lowered only 30mm several times so insurance wouldnt get him

i couldnt help myself and got out a ruler. lowest point on the car was 85mm. they made it unroadworthy!

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
cjh wrote:
xf_xr6 wrote:
I work at pedders, and there are varying sizes. For some reason there is a different size on different cars, even though they can be the same model. The pedders guy is not on crack, I think the person who made the swaybars and then fitted them was on crack!

How about maybe the thickness of the powder coating varies the thickness of the bars????
If they use 26mm bar stock, its 26mm. That is what the rolling mill is set at. Any variation would be very minimal.
my bar is 26.1-2mm i had to measure both to get new bushes from nolathane,they ask for the sizes beside the mount. :lol: :lol: :lol:

26.1mm, so its 0.1mm thicker than 26mm, whats the big deal, thats how thick the powder coating is, probably. 0.1mm is 2/3's of 5/8's of fvck all.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EL Wagon, Honda CBR600, The Wife

VIC, Australia

The reality is, there are different size bars on e series falcons, differnt options, and different D bush styles, changing @ ED ish, how about we all get over it and just measure the bar for f*%@ sake, its not that hard. and finally about the comm' panhard, i know the theory and it is the law of mathematics that when u lower a comm with a live rear the panhard technically lengthens and it DOES push the body to one side, think about it b4 u pop off, falcons dont have the problem because they have a watts link(essentially the pivot in the middle).

"In my opinion, my opinion is better than yours"

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2