Fordmods Logo

totalpower steering failure 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: totalpower steering failure
Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

over the past week ive been susing out this very annoying power steering leak, the trouble was that when i had the car parked up and had the mrs start to turn the wheel nothing would happen not a single leak, but when i drove it, there was steering fluid from god knows where being sprayed all over the cat and engine pipe, this created a very nasty smelling thick smoke. so today i descided i was gonna degrease it and have another go, no sooner did the mrs start turning the wheel there was an allmight boom got hit in the head and fluid went everywhere, in my eyes up my nose through my hair and blood running down my face, i screammed at the mrs to turn the car off which took her about a minute for that to compute in her brain that something was wrong, i looked over and there it was the high pressure hose had taken flight straigh out of the pump and the switch on the steering box was broken too, turns out the blood was from the hose smashing me in the forehead, slicing me open. im not 100% on what caused this to happen but the only thing i can think of is that there was a blockage somewhere in the system built up so much pressure and had to let go. any suggestion ppl.

Post subject: Re: totalpower steering failure
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

May need to remove the pressure relief valve as it may have some crap stuck in it......then a full system flush, as there may be debris still in the system somewhere.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Post subject: Re: totalpower steering failure
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

ieremoved the whole system it's been damaged on the underside , so i ordered in a new rack from pedders, new switch, new hose, and a new pump, if there was anything in the rack to cause a blockage then the pump would be full of gunk too, plus it was leaking outta the front around the pulley, so for $660 i get a whole brand new pwr steering system.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]