Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

Bozz wrote:
Taxi EL's got the dipsticks I believe.

Dont get me wrong I would of prefered they put a dipstick on all the Auto's in the EL's. To me not having an Auto dipstick is like have a car without Speed gauges.... A recipe for numerous Speeding Tickets :lol: :lol:

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Bozz wrote:
Taxi EL's got the dipsticks I believe.

Dont get me wrong I would of prefered they put a dipstick on all the Auto's in the EL's. To me not having an Auto dipstick is like have a car without Speed gauges.... A recipe for numerous Speeding Tickets :lol: :lol:

Dont know where I heard this but I believe the reasoning was dad would go to check the fluid levels and not know the engine needs to be running and warm to check the auto fluid levels, so he goes and tops it up with engine oil or dex3 and kills the auto.

Hence remove the dipstick and remove the possiblity of damaging the auto from owners.

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

NFGhia wrote:
The fact man says there was a dipstick on models upto Jan '96 for the sixes and all 8's have 'em so I guess he must have one if he got to pull something out.. :lol:

:?:

I have the eight and there was no auto transmission dipstick fitted to it.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

Vic wrote:
NFGhia wrote:
The fact man says there was a dipstick on models upto Jan '96 for the sixes and all 8's have 'em so I guess he must have one if he got to pull something out.. :lol:

:?:

I have the eight and there was no auto transmission dipstick fitted to it.

f**k their should of been an Auto Dipstick for the V8's. Like were FORD Oz's priorities if they never fitted Dipsticks to the Windsor 8's. But hey you deserve to have your Auto Killed if you dont know the difference between the Oil and the Auto Dipstick. Geesus even the Holdung owners could get that one right. What! Ford Oz think we were all a bunch of dimwits :evil: :evil:

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Ford Oz think we were all a bunch of dimwits :evil: :evil:

Correct.

All Ford cares about is the transmission not to die during warranty period. After the warranty has expired, Ford could not give a s**t about the car. They would prefer the car die as soon as possible to maximise new car sales. Think of it this way - while the car is under warranty, you shouldn't have to top up the fluid. I'm sure they did the sums and found fewer transmissions failed from low fluid compared to number of them failed because an owner topped the fluid up incorrectly.

You'd do the same if you were presented with the dollar signs.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB GLi 4.0L

SA, Australia

nice big yellow stickers do the trick too...

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2