Fordmods Logo

Transmission service..ford el? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Transmission service..ford el?
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2004 Ba Xr6

VIC, Australia

Hi just curious on the usual price for a transmission service?? Needs a service 5000
Overdue...used to be able to plant it at the lights and spin tr wheels now it just crawls and picks up slowly ...that would b mainly the transmission needing tightening yeah ??? Thx

Post subject: Re: Transmission service..ford el?
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

price can vary depending on the mechanic i do mine my self, new fluid, new gasket, new filter, it should be easy as piss in an el, im pretty sure u cant tighten it, u just fill it with more fluid and that's what "tightens it" up, i wouldnt pay more than 150

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Yeah I got my 4speed eb transmission in the el ..reco but need a a
Service lol

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

It will really depend on how burnt/dirty the fluid is, what brand of fluid goes in and if the work shop still has any of the old non synthetic fluid left.

All of the oil manufacturers have replaced the old fluid with a new synthetic that is compatible with a number of transmissions and is also backwards compatible with dex2 and 3.

You'll pay $130+. If all it needs is a 'pan change' and the place still has some of the old type fluid you'll pay around $130. If they have the new fluid you'll pay more.
If your trans needs a flush, then expect to be paying for about 20L of fluid and over $200

The EB trans will have external band adjustments. The later models will not.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
It will really depend on how burnt/dirty the fluid is, what brand of fluid goes in and if the work shop still has any of the old non synthetic fluid left.

All of the oil manufacturers have replaced the old fluid with a new synthetic that is compatible with a number of transmissions and is also backwards compatible with dex2 and 3.

You'll pay $130+. If all it needs is a 'pan change' and the place still has some of the old type fluid you'll pay around $130. If they have the new fluid you'll pay more.
If your trans needs a flush, then expect to be paying for about 20L of fluid and over $200

The EB trans will have external band adjustments. The later models will not.

Yer I'm thinking it just needs Band adjustments because it just pulls like a slug down low then slowly picks up and doesn't kick down a hundred percent and when it does I can feel it slip and struggle then go no were so back off ... my fluid is still pink and full..givin the car to my girlfriend so tryin to fix it a bit ..99% sure it needs adjusting in the bands what do u think ??

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

That would be the starting point. Make sure the place you take it too actually knows how to adjust the bands.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]