Fordmods Logo

Transmission Service 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Transmission Service
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Hello fellow modders.

Can someone recommend a good place to get my auto trans serviced in Perth? I'm not TOO worried about how much it will cost just as long as they do a good job.

Cheers.

EL Ghia

Post subject: Re: Transmission Service
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

i dont know where a good place is in perth but it isnt very hard to do yourself if you have some tools.
make sure where ever you take it dont use a trans fluid that says its for all types,
i had a heap of money and no time to service my transmission a few years back and watched a mechanic change my filter and he filled my trans up with a trans fluid that said on the side it was ok for all transmissions, and it drove like the fluid hadent been changed and slipped and shunted into gear.

so just check with them, and do some reasearch on what fluid they take and ask the mechanic what type hes going to use, if its anything BUT what its ment to have in it dont let them do the service,

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

what ^^ has said is just a tranny service.

where the pan gets dropped and the filter changed, then refiled

only changes roughly 4ltrs of fluid

and the reason why it slipped is that the car needs to be run through the gears even R for a few mins then the oil level checked again, this allows the oil to get back into the valve body as it has drained out

it is recommended i think every 100k for a tranny flush, where ALL the fluid is removed and new fluid flushes out the old

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Yea, by service I mean a full flush etc.

My car has done 208k's and the guy I bought it off said it needs to be done. Some gear changes are rough and just generally doesn't feel too good.

EL Ghia

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
what ^^ has said is just a tranny service.

where the pan gets dropped and the filter changed, then refiled

only changes roughly 4ltrs of fluid

and the reason why it slipped is that the car needs to be run through the gears even R for a few mins then the oil level checked again, this allows the oil to get back into the valve body as it has drained out

it is recommended i think every 100k for a tranny flush, where ALL the fluid is removed and new fluid flushes out the old

they re checked the fluid for me and topped it up, i checked it afterwards and it was full, it was the fluid they used, the next time i changed it i only dropped the pan and filled it up and changed the filter and i used the proper fluid and never had a problem
:roll:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]