Fordmods Logo

TRUE TRAK diff centres? 

Page 5 of 5 [ 74 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: TRUE TRAK diff centres?
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Harrop do both 28 and 31 spline. They get one from eaton then mod it to suit a borgwarner according to what I have read.

Its all in scaffy's thread down the page a little.

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Funny about this...

Summit just sent me an email back (I enquired days ago about a 4 pinion 28 spline 8.8 diff) and they tell me this is the diff...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DTL-1 ... feedback=1

Different again from the top two I listed I think... This one is $649 so a bit dearer than the last two... There seems to be 10,000 models of these things... Really need a part number off one we know fits and tell them and beg and see what comes of it... :D

Maybe... Just Maybe...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

they definitely 100% aren't an 8.8.
they were never used in a ford in the US.

Dansedgli wrote:
Summit doesnt list anything for a 9 bolt or 7.75 inch diff. :(

they got 3.70 gears and rebuild parts, thats it :lol:
you can get some new shims from there :P

i dunno where those powertrax lockers are coming from.
you'd need the part number off the guys that are running them, or email powertrax and let them know you want one to fit a GM 9 Bolt/borgy M78.

i've been digging on this cause i thought i could get a cheap truetrac ex-us and make money selling my kaaz :lol:
it's not to be :(

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lol

Lucky my gears werent killed when I drove it like that. The centre was flopping around like a dying fish in the housing.

I put my lokka in tonight and went for a drive and I like it. Not at all hard to live with.

The only time i noticed it was when I was turning at intersections and idling along in 1st and 2nd gear.

Have to accelerate through the intersection gently in first when turning so the car doesnt buck around and just take it easy putting it into 2nd gear. You can feel the gears line up so just ease it in and dont force it so it doesnt grind.

When idling along slowly need to whack it into neutral.

For the kind of driving I do its perfect imo. Probably wouldnt be very nice if you went to shopping centres a lot but I dont think I'd hate it in regular traffic.

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Good feedback. In terms of noise what is your opinion?

Not sure whether some are using the newer/older designs but heard both that it is relatively quiet and obnoxiously loud. Although I don't like second dates so maybe ultra loud clicking is what I want...

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:10 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

I don't hate mine so much anymore after a few weeks... Its learning to come out of corners a little slower... Not sure how many dirt roads you city people encounter on your regular day to day driving... But its great on them... And now I have learnt how hard you can accelerate whilst keeping it unlocked... Gee its fun when you lock it up though... Handles like a race car...

The noise is still a bugger... I only go to woolies when I really need to... Because you're taking really tight corners it ratchets quicker and because your going slower and less road noise etc its much more prominent...

I have had a couple of questions from people at TAFE when I park in the car park... Its not too bad now though...

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:29 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

My centre is going in on monday, I look forward to learning to drive again.

Can't be anyworse than a spool or a quaife centre though. Everything I have read suggests that they are easy enough to live with once you adjust your style.
I have no style so should be sweet.

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:36 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

basically learning to deal with the backlash and the way it changes the ratcheting wheel when you apply accelerator mid corner (wouldn't be an issue in an auto depending what you have?)

Not too bad of a unit... Just be prepared when your mates start asking if your car is about to fall apart... :D

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

timmytimtim wrote:
basically learning to deal with the backlash and the way it changes the ratcheting wheel when you apply accelerator mid corner (wouldn't be an issue in an auto depending what you have?)

Not too bad of a unit... Just be prepared when your mates start asking if your car is about to fall apart... :D

Tim,

I just got my XR8 back on the road, when applying the accelerator mid corner, just crack it,and it doesn't change the ratcheting wheel. Mine barely makes any noises.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:31 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

timmytimtim wrote:

Mine is a 5 speed, I am not afraid of it, actually looking forward to the experience. Technically, every time the kids get in the car, it falls apart that little bit more.

My commute is pretty much a straight run with a couple of corners. The wife may be getting a company car soon that means mine can be retired from daily duties, if and when that happens, then it will be time to put the huffer on the side. I am slowly building it strong before it gets blown, easier to budget this way too, compared to something broke and I need to hammer the Credit Card to fix it.

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Mine doesnt seem to change the ratcheting wheel through a corner.

I did a twisties run today with the radio off and both windows open and could barely hear the clicking. Its only when you go real slow that its really audible.

I dont notice backlash unless Im doing under like 20kms/hr.

I need to go out soon and it hasnt stopped raining for a few hours so it should be an interesting drive.

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:25 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

Well mine is in. Gotta say, these things hook up real well, sedate enough to drive each day too by the feel of it, slight adjustment to my driving style.

But I have had spools before and I was a little sprehensive that it would behave in a similar fashon, but these are easy.

I have a car.

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

They are pretty good. I dont get why some people give them such a bad rap.

I went on some gravel roads yesterday and it always spun both wheels. It will be handy when I go dirt bike riding.

Ive found mine axle tramps hard when its wet so no skids. :(

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:13 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

Its pouring here in Syd right now, I was getting tramp today as well. yesterday in the dry I was not. New shocks and springs went in yesterday too. But you can power throught the tramp as well I discovered.

I already love this thing, my tyres hate me though. Went to the shops yesterday, as long as you think about what you are doing these are a piece of cake to drive with.

I have a car.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5