Fordmods Logo

Urethane Vs. Rubber Bushes? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Urethane Vs. Rubber Bushes?
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:14 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EA Falcon S 30th Anniversary

QLD, Australia

The evious owner of my EA put trailing arm urethane bushes in with new arms and the painful bit is greasing them. They squeak and carry on when they dry out and simply put, if you enjoy the work then be my guest. LMM grease isn't nice either. Otherwise for these major bushes sign me up for maintenance free rubber!

1991 EA2 Ford Falcon S Sedan
LeMans Red - 30th Anniversary 3.9 MPFI Manual LSD

1996 XH Ford Falcon Outback Ute
LeMans Red 4.0 Auto

Originality saves our history.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:54 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1998 EL Ford Futura

VIC, Australia

So in the end I decided to go for Super Pro's after much much research. Hopefully I've made the right decision, I'll keep everyone up to date with how they go. Also has anyone got any tips on how to remove the old bushes? They're proving to be a bit of a challenge!

Thank you heaps everyone for sharing your advice and experiences! :D

MY BUILD:
- Oxford Green 1998 EL Ford Futura. Hybrid EL Tickford Engine. 3.45 LSD Diff. DL LTD Interior. Cruise Climate Trip HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Interesting that most of you say Nolathane bushes are s**t. We see less than 1% warranty claims/failure rate at work, we sell heaps of the stuff, and have a lot of mechanics that say they won't use anything else if the can get Nolathane bushes for the job at hand. Each to their own I guess?

I have a full set in my Eb Ghia, 250xxx ish kms later, only getting too soft now. I've changed most of the fronts for fresh bushes already, need to get around to doing the rear's soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

If Nolathane have been smart they might well have altered the formulation and currently they might be ok - but past experience of MANY people has done them a HEAP of damage.

Magical evaporating nolathane rear arm bushes and front A arm bushes here :-( Nasty stuff...

The Superpro ones that went in after those incidents with the Nolathane ones had been in that car for 10 years with no worry at the time I pensioned it off.

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

What are the chances.... looking at doing the front end bushes and was tossing up the same question. Nolathane was the name that stood out. EVERYONE use to go on about them being the only bushes to buy if you were serious, turns out it may have just been good advertising. Fordmods saves the day again. Thanks guys

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

ToranaGuy wrote:
Interesting that most of you say Nolathane bushes are s**t. We see less than 1% warranty claims/failure rate at work, we sell heaps of the stuff, and have a lot of mechanics that say they won't use anything else if the can get Nolathane bushes for the job at hand. Each to their own I guess?

I have a full set in my Eb Ghia, 250xxx ish kms later, only getting too soft now. I've changed most of the fronts for fresh bushes already, need to get around to doing the rear's soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Personally I'm yet to see a success story with nolathane.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

the only good thing is the warranty,i had a few split and crumble,they posted new ones over nite.on saying that i had white line also crumble,so the material formula is still hit and miss,going to try super pro next,have some waiting to go in.once the arms are set up for the bushes they are easy to change.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1996 Fairmont Fairlane

SA, Australia

Hi all...

I know that my question is not completely related to this topic I still think that it`s not necessary to open a new one.
I want to change all my bushes on a 1996 Ford EL Fairmont and I`m having difficulties in locating a store that will sell a complete set.
I`m not looking for performance parts, just simple rubber bushes.

Thanks.

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XH Ute / ED falon

QLD, Australia

Ive had both super pro and nolathane bushes. My white Xh had superpros and the yellow one currently has complete nolathane bushes (and I mean everything.).

The differences are pretty negligible from my experience. I drove something like 40,000kms on the superpros and found them to be very responsive to spirited driving and turning. An overall nice bush.

The nolathane ones I have driven on for roughly 6,000kms and so far they seem alot more.. "stiff".. but other than that I really cant tell much difference in terms of the cars handling characteristics.

I worked in a place that exclusively used superpro for bushes but then I worked at a place that used only nolathane, so its seems to me like a case of brand loyalty more than anything else.

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

danny d. wrote:
Hi all...

I know that my question is not completely related to this topic I still think that it`s not necessary to open a new one.
I want to change all my bushes on a 1996 Ford EL Fairmont and I`m having difficulties in locating a store that will sell a complete set.

Thanks.

they are available,ring around your area,steel cased rubber bushes -press in and out.check ebay as well.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
danny d. wrote:
Hi all...

Thanks.

they are available,ring around your area,steel cased rubber bushes -press in and out.check ebay as well.

Look up "adelaideparts" on ebay - contact them and ask about what you're after - they're really good - the ONLY way to get factory parts! They will track down prices for you - even email parts catalogue pics for you to pick the exact item/s ur after - and if you want to buy then they put the gear up in their ebay store and away you go. Excellent prices for factory parts - ie. middle 2.5" factory exhaust section (for E series XR6) from an ebay exhaust place is $260 - but adelaideparts is about $60 cheaper including postage.

They're great for getting any of those obscure little body clips and bits and pieces - and ANYTHING else out of the factory parts catalogues for that matter.

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2