Fordmods Logo

Urgent help needed. advice. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Urgent help needed. advice.
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

thanks fairmont, ill do just that.

the problem comes down to 3 plugs. coil pack, tps and whatever the one underneath the throttle body is. the isc fits. the plugs have the same colour wires, but in different individual sockets on the respective plugs. the issue here is that if they are different at the plugs they are probably different at the main connection (the big square plug in between inj 5 and 6 where it mates to the main loom to ecu.)

essentially what you would have if I swap plugs is au2 plug wiring order, onto e/au1 series engine loom, onto au2 main loom. if the au1 engine loom is backwards like the plug then i wont correspond right with the s2 main loom. tried to illustrate. its no fiend effort but its all I can do :P

the issue I see is that if the S1 has same difference as the plug, then it wont mate with the s2 main loom, even if i cut and swap the plug.

If the wiring order on the plug is different it stands to reason they will be on different pins on the main connector, yes? Im just trying to work it out with logic before I cut anything.

froudey- i have an au2 car, with an au1 conversion kit from FTG.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

the TPS, map sensor, and coil packs will be different.

You will need to cut the plugs from your old loom and rejoin them, or go back to the old loom. There isnt any real need to use a manual loom in the AU. The only modifications are for the reverse lights and the old inhibitor switch. Very easy to hook up.
As has been suggested remove the fuel rail and the top half of the BBM and the wiring is easier to get to.

If you want to chop the wires, grab a multimeter, and trace back the old wires in original loom to the big connector on top of the manifold, then check the new loom against it. Just follow the wires colors and you should be sweet. If the wires are different colors check where they go on both looms, if they go to the same spot you will sweet.

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

thanks for that mac, looks like tommorow I go buy a soldering iron and brush up on my skills a bit. been a long time since TS&C class in year 10.

its all going back to a manual series one ecu. Ive read that the pinouts are identical on the two ecu's. ill hack the old auto loom to check wire positions on the connector as you have suggested. if they are different, should I solder to the order of the S1 plug? so that the pickups are in the right order?

id rather keep the manual loom, as the trans arm to my eye is very different. best not to overstretch myself even further than I already have.

a tip to anyone doing an au t5 conversion is make it easier on yourself. get the apropriate series gear and avoid the F'ing around :P

enough isn't enough

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2