wat part is this 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: wat part is this
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98 EL XR6

VIC, Australia

hey guys

have a leak in my rear ext housing on my gear box. going to buy a seal from repco on wed but dont no wat the oil seal - or grommet or bush wat ever it is - is called that is at the rear of the extension housing.

kind of where the tail shaft meets the gear box. its a bit worn and my TS is bouncing around a little because of it

do i need anything else to fix the prob

'98' EL XR6 Pacemaker headers, 2 1/2 inch (header back) exhaust with Hi-Flow CAT, IC&E coil and 9mm leads, NGK plugs, billet short throw shifter >147.9rwKw

'91' EB GL Custom cold air intake with K&N pod filter

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

If there is alot of play on the slip yoke (part of the driveshaft that enters the transmission) you will have to replace the extension housing bush and seal. The bush wears allowing the slip yoke to wobble so to speak and eventually wear out the seal. If you can remove the extension housing which is quite easy, take it to a trans shop and have them replace the bush and seal. Should only take then 5-10 min if you have cleaned it all up first and should cost no more than $50 for parts and fitting.

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:49 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98 EL XR6

VIC, Australia

gonna get it done at local performance place coz im puttin on a billet shifter :)

jus wanted to help them out a little and grab the right stuff. saves them a trip and saves me $$$. got no time to do anything myself any more

so i shouldnt need any silicone or anything?? wats the best trans oil??

also gonna get serviced while she is there. wats the best oil in any1's opinion???

'98' EL XR6 Pacemaker headers, 2 1/2 inch (header back) exhaust with Hi-Flow CAT, IC&E coil and 9mm leads, NGK plugs, billet short throw shifter >147.9rwKw

'91' EB GL Custom cold air intake with K&N pod filter

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

I use Castrol TQ-95 Transmission fluid. You should never use silicone or any sealant on the extension housing seal. The pan gasket is rubber and doesnt require sealant and comes in a service kit along with the filter. For a simple service of the trans you will need almost 5ltrs of fluid.

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Kelpro part number for the rear extension housing seal is 97123, 97177 or 97108. I can't remember which is which off the top of my head, 1 is not right, 1 is non-boot and 1 is boot-type.

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

joolz wrote:
I use Castrol TQ-95 Transmission fluid. You should never use silicone or any sealant on the extension housing seal. The pan gasket is rubber and doesnt require sealant and comes in a service kit along with the filter. For a simple service of the trans you will need almost 5ltrs of fluid.

It is a T5 not an auto :)

From memory Dextron III was the oil spec and about 1.9L, but I am likely to be wrong here (as I don't trust my memory).

There is synthetic oils available that are suitable too.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Post subject: Re: wat part is this
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef xr8 xcop

VIC, Australia

djuman wrote:
hey guys

have a leak in my rear ext housing on my gear box. going to buy a seal from repco on wed but dont no wat the oil seal - or grommet or bush wat ever it is - is called that is at the rear of the extension housing.

Ha! small world djuman I work at REPCO mildura I'm pretty sure I sold you that seal the other day LOL :)

EF XR8 option 20 police interceptor :)

REPCO cars are our life too..........

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]