Fordmods Logo

water logged btr 4 speed 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: water logged btr 4 speed
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i have a ef that suffered flood damage and water got in the auto, the box still works fine but the fluid looks like melted caramel icecream, i have dropped the pan off and drained it but i am guessing the torque converter will be s**t too. any ideas how to get the water/fluid out without pulling the box out ?

Post subject: Re: water logged btr 4 speed
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Take ya pan off dump the fluid, change the filter fil the trany up and tak it off atvthe cooler in the radiator and pump it out using the trans pump, kerp toppin it up and draining it until all the waters out then connet it back up top it up and bobs your uncle

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

mmm sounds like a expencive execise bry40l, might give it a go.

will running the engine in park with no pan on it f**k the box ?

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AUII XR8 Pursuit & EF XR6

NSW, Australia

Would be easier to go to an Auto Servicing Place and get it flushed professionally. Should only set you back $100-$150. Saves you the hassle aswell.

- 1994 EF XR6, Auto, EL XR wheels. Clean and close to original ( Missus' Kiddie Chariot )
- 2001 AUII XR8 Pursuit ute, 5 speed, 18" alloys, custom tray. Goes alright!! lol

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Put the pan back on, sorry im drinkin, and tryin not to type much as im on my touch screen, pm wild eb he will probably explain it better, or type "transmission flush" into the search bar, mite find something there

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dont use small mechanics some of them use all transmission type fluid which the btr doesnt like, your better off using a trusted brand, valvoline make a trans fluid for ford btr transmissions and its pretty good I did mine the other day

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
Put the pan back on, sorry im drinkin, and tryin not to type much as im on my touch screen, pm wild eb he will probably explain it better, or type "transmission flush" into the search bar, mite find something there

i am havin a few as well, doent help but i got what you ment by flushing it throgh the trans lines, the running without a pan was just thrown in there.

although i sometimes get things wrong when i am drinking like the time i had bugs in my pool i read on the internet that i had to shock the pool to get rid of them, after hooking up the jumper cables to my falcon and tossing them in the pool at 3500rpm the bugs where still there, i was rolling out the extention lead when my missus told me i was a f**k idot and the shock was a chemical treatment, i get a little dumb after a dozen or so cans

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dono if id try that but when im half tanked ive been known to put a bit of a show on doin all kinds of tricks lol

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

fastleno wrote:
bry40l wrote:
after hooking up the jumper cables to my falcon and tossing them in the pool at 3500rpm the bugs where still there, i was rolling out the extention lead when my missus told me i was a f**k idot and the shock was a chemical treatment, i get a little dumb after a dozen or so cans

i heard it works better at 4000+ rpm. lol.
how long were you thinkin about it before you done it? :lol:

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

just service it (drop pan, change filter, top up) and put pan on of course lol!

then remove 1 trans cooler line off the radiator and put u bit of hose onto the radiator brass fitting and put both ends into a container, start it up and it'll start flowing out until the auto is empty. keep topping the auto up until it comes out nice and red into the catch container.

then re-fit all pipes etc and top up auto one last time and you hopefully will be all sweet.

may need like 15-20L of ATF depending how much water got in the auto

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Benny D wrote:
fastleno wrote:
bry40l wrote:
after hooking up the jumper cables to my falcon and tossing them in the pool at 3500rpm the bugs where still there, i was rolling out the extention lead when my missus told me i was a f**k idot and the shock was a chemical treatment, i get a little dumb after a dozen or so cans
in this quote it looks like I wrote it lol

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ended up pulling out the auto pulling it down and cleaning it up inside also i drilled a 1/8th hole in the converter drained it overnight spot welded the hole. the auto is working great fluid still like new and i only needed 10 letres :)

o and Benny D i didnt think about it at all, thats the problem

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]