Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: What box have I got??
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Crane wrote:
Cheers for that, but I've just spent a few hours ringing around looking for the best price and I've ordered all the bits I need.

Turns out the J3 guys have an EL XR8 manual bin but there could be dramas if there is a difference between the MAF and injectors on the XR8 and my Ghia. So I'm going to go a custom chip instead.

The Mal Wood kit is ordered, sounds great.

I'm pretty sure the MAF and injectors are identical from XR to Ghia. They used the one size fits all in the V8's, unless of course it's the GT. You will have the stock, orange, 19lb injectors and smaller maf, same as XR, ask TROYMAN or XR9UTE, they will prob' confirm it for you, but going a custom tune would be fine too, if not better i would say 8-)

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

XFWAGON wrote:
jaysway wrote:
xfwagon, you bought that gearbox from a member here correct? how is it stuffed?

Thats correct mate. "eric eb" the guys name was.

Well, it was meant to come with a new billet flywhweel and that never turned up so that was the first problem, but the least of my worries. Then the plastic shifter ball housing was broken so i had to replace that. once i put the box in and started the car it made some seriously horrendous noises, check out my build thread, on the last page there is a short video clip of it. All the other parts i have bought new so there is nothing wrong with them. I also got the ECU with the package i bought from him, and it looks tatty with a service tag wrapped on it, almost like it has been re built at some point. I have tried emailing him and his work but no reply, no surprise really. Not a lot i can do either seeing he is all the way across the ditch.

i dunno how people can knowingly do that to another car enthusiast or anyone for that matter.

2k is alot of f**k money to spend to find out the box is a dud. Hope the same thing happens back so he knows how it feels to be ripped

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

FordFairmont wrote:
XFWAGON wrote:
jaysway wrote:
xfwagon, you bought that gearbox from a member here correct? how is it stuffed?

Thats correct mate. "eric eb" the guys name was.

Well, it was meant to come with a new billet flywhweel and that never turned up so that was the first problem, but the least of my worries. Then the plastic shifter ball housing was broken so i had to replace that. once i put the box in and started the car it made some seriously horrendous noises, check out my build thread, on the last page there is a short video clip of it. All the other parts i have bought new so there is nothing wrong with them. I also got the ECU with the package i bought from him, and it looks tatty with a service tag wrapped on it, almost like it has been re built at some point. I have tried emailing him and his work but no reply, no surprise really. Not a lot i can do either seeing he is all the way across the ditch.

i dunno how people can knowingly do that to another car enthusiast or anyone for that matter.

2k is alot of f**k money to spend to find out the box is a dud. Hope the same thing happens back so he knows how it feels to be ripped

Mate tell about it, i couldn't deal with the guilt. doesn't matter if I'm selling a piece of chewed gum or a car.

By the time i paid for freight and converted Aussie dollars into Kiwi, it cost me $2300 for the box and i think it was $900 for the freight/GST. over 3G = Big Bummer!

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2