Fordmods Logo

What brake pads do you have with your DBA 4000's? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
The only thing that concerns me is that some of these high end brake pads may need to be warm before they actually start performing. Which means poorer brake performance for normal driving.

Thats why newer break pads such as the Bendix SRT reduce this from occurring whilst still performing....this would likely happen if you went the EBC reds for daily street driving...where as the EBC Greens are a high performance street pad as very high speed sudden stop braking isnt likely to happen all that much.

If you hit the track / strip often though youd need to re-evaluate your needs or even go to the extent of having a pad setup for strip racing and another for daily driving.

Ive found DBA Gold slotted all round with EBC Greenstuff @ $115 a pair have been awesome...great stopping...hot and cold...never had a shudder or squeal..plus they come with a new bed in layer so no slipping or shuddering in those first few 1000kms...and if u add a set of braided lines all the better for pedal firmness etc

Imn looking to geta set of DBA4000 either slotted or X-Slotted for the fronts and DBA gold slotted again on the rear...still not sure though as im due to replace em but the car only sees daily driving street stuff..

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

EBCs are perfect IMO. Yes they need to be a little warm, but after having braked once or twice that's plenty. Your engine won't have warmed up yet by then and it's not good for an engine to run cold either.

Get them too hot and they'll fade as well. So if you're going on the track, they always recommend you change your pads just for it. It's not hard to do.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

Ive got the same rotors in BA and im using PBR pads from hightek. Good after one or 2 traffic light stops..

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

i have EBC Greenstuffs on my BA with DBA 4000 6x6 Wiper slots. they pull up good, even in light traffic they are fine.

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

dba x drilled and slotted are fkd! both front rotors cracked on my car they split straight through! they also did the same thing on a mates dunnydore so steer clear of them 4 sure. the slotted rotors are ok though i think the x drills weaken them to much.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

My cross drilled ones cracked as well, i was sick of them, they'd need machining every 5 - 6000kms as they would glaze/warp very quickly as i am pretty hard on my brakes. When they stuffed up i didnt have a heap of cash so just put normal ones on the front. Now while they dont stop as good they dont glaze up or warp easy. Next set of disks will be slotted for sure!

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NL FBT #079

VIC, Australia

I have been running Bendix SRT pads on my BA wagon for around 50k now. I have also got DBA 4000 slotted rotors on the front which have done around 90k.

Previously I was running EBC greenstuff and the SRT are IMO a much better all round pad.

I found that the EBC had a tendancy to fade quickly when I had the wagon loaded up or if towing.

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

How do the SRT pads compare with EBC when cold?

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NL FBT #079

VIC, Australia

I didn't find any noticable difference in cold performance, however I was told that they would take a little bit longer to warm up.

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '07 LT XR5

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i have slotted rotors with EBC green stuffs on my car, bloody awesome brakes!!!!

using stock rotors+pads braking was always a bit scary, now im always confident, even @ high speeds they dont shudder or anything.

So much RAM the motherboard twisted off the POST.

I lost 3 cylinders... but gained a turbo...
Proud owner of an '07 XR5Turbo

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:37 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford BA xr6

SA, Australia

mattronics wrote:
I have been running Bendix SRT pads on my BA wagon for around 50k now. I have also got DBA 4000 slotted rotors on the front which have done around 90k.

Previously I was running EBC greenstuff and the SRT are IMO a much better all round pad.

I found that the EBC had a tendancy to fade quickly when I had the wagon loaded up or if towing.

Sounds like a good combo.
I've been running everything since new
Still same rotors and pads been running for 125000
Only trouble i get is going down a big hill and using the brakes.
Tow a caravan and country driving as well

Roobin

Ford BA XR6 4.0L Auto, ICC Carputer, DBA Slotted Rotors, Bendix Pads, 18" Mags, BF Tail Lights, Factory CAI & VSI LPG.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:22 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon XR6

VIC, Australia

For the guy's using EBC Green's & Bendix SRT's .... How much brake dust is generated by either?

I've just worn out my Bendix Ultimates and need a replacement but hated the amount of brake dust generated, so looking for something with similar performance but less dust.

95 EF XR6 Manual
Pioneer, Oz Audio, Butler, Image Dynamics, Audison
MEASQ - Aust Champion Intermediate Class 2006
MEASQ - Vic Champion Intermediate Class 2007
MEASQ - Aust Champion Intermediate Class 2007
MEASQ - Aust Champion Expert Class 2008
MEASQ - Aust Champion Advanced Class 2011 (Shared)

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

Sierra wrote:
For the guy's using EBC Green's & Bendix SRT's .... How much brake dust is generated by either?

I've just worn out my Bendix Ultimates and need a replacement but hated the amount of brake dust generated, so looking for something with similar performance but less dust.

EBC greenstuffs are meant to be low dust, but they do make your rims dusty, cant compare to ultimates as i have never used them, but they make more dust than the bendix advances i had on my old car...

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

EBC Greenstuff make s**t loads off dust, i wouldn't want to see wat the Redstuff are like

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:31 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Custom Bedford, 79 Firebird

WA, Australia

Hey guys, cheers for all the responses, I've been offline for a while, so its good to see some positive feedback.

Mattronics: Have you had the SRT's and the greenstuffs, both on the DBA 4000's?

I am looking to irradicvate all brake fade, but still want good cold performance.

I don't like the ultimates on our race car, but bendix are making new race pads for strictly racing conditions, so we'll have them or the SRT's on the race car within the week.

If you are more preferential to the SRTs after actual testing they may sway my opinion.

I don't care how much they dust my rims, I never wash my car anyway, it just needs to go fast and stop, clenliness is low on my egenda.

What did you find were the main differences between SRTs and Greenstuffs?

Cheers guys!

Happy Motoring

Wrecking BA lots of parts available Pictures and prices here
3 Decks with stackers PRICE DROP

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next