Fordmods Logo

Whats the go with lowering? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Whats the go with lowering?
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

VIC, Australia

hey fellas

what exactly would i need to lower my eb II fairmont with king spring super lows? and approximate price?

springs
shocks?
camber adjustment stuff?

anything else?

also anyone have any idea what i'd be paying on shipping to get the springs from waggin? anyone know how much the springs weigh so i can get an estimate from TNT or someone?

Also does anyone have the stock EBII center of wheel to guard lip measurements? at the moment my car sits funny (ie low at the front high at the rear so something i might have to check out!)

Thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: Whats the go with lowering?
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

glenneaux wrote:
hey fellas

what exactly would i need to lower my eb II fairmont with king spring super lows? and approximate price?

springs
shocks?
camber adjustment stuff?

anything else?

also anyone have any idea what i'd be paying on shipping to get the springs from waggin? anyone know how much the springs weigh so i can get an estimate from TNT or someone?

Also does anyone have the stock EBII center of wheel to guard lip measurements? at the moment my car sits funny (ie low at the front high at the rear so something i might have to check out!)

Thanks guys!

not to sure on prices for springs etc. but with you a*** sitting high and the front sitting lower its pretty normal but stupidly out of whack say more than half an ince then id say your front struts are F**k or the front springs are saging

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

For springs, the cheapest place that I have found is Ebay, and this place here

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 33198&rd=1

(online performance autos) has them for $215 a set, which is the cheapest price I have found after extensice searching, and postage is also very cheap, cost me $15.00 to NSW including insurance. For shocks, I personally have monroe shocks which in my opinion are fine, and these cost around $100 for the back two and $100 each for the front. There are better shocks out there, but be prepared to pay a lot more. As for camber, if you go LOW springs, you will be fine with just a basic wheel alignment. If you go super lows however, you will need a camber kit that will range from approx $150 to $300. I will be making a doco on how to install springs soon, with full colour photos, as I am installing my springs on thursday. Kings lows lower the vehicle by 30mm, and super lows by 50mm.

By the way, having the front sit lower than the back is fairly normal for the EA to ED shape, at least mine is at the moment!

Cheers,

GazzaED

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

You may not need a Camber kit, if you are just lowering it, but if you are sourcing different sized rims to go with your car, thyen definately get a camber kit. yeah i wouldn't pay more than about $250 for a ratchet adjustable kit, and about $150 for a shim type, (not including installation)
But they're easy to install, especially if you're doing the shocks and springs.
You'll definately need shortened shocks with Superlow springs.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

VIC, Australia

I'd be keeping the stock ford 16" "sports" rims.

Even if i did need to adjust camber my tires arent gonna wear out within like a month are they? ie i can go for a bit before i get around to getting camber adjustments installed?

so i'd be looking at like ~$220 for springs and $200 for front shocks and $100-150 for rear shocks?

mm !!

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Well once you've installed all of the suspension gear, if you do it all yourself.
It would be a very good idea to get a wheel alignment done. Your wheels will be able to be adjusted to a certain degree. If they need to be adjusted more, then you will need a camber kit.
When i bought my car, i didn't notice that it had a big camber problem and scrubbed the inside of the tyres out in probably about 5,000kms or a perhaps 10,000kms. But they scrubbed out extremely quick...

If you're perhaps ever thinking of upgrading to bigger wheels, a camber kit would be worth the money while you're doing all the suspension work.

Dave

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

if you think your struts are bad i actually bent my front right one

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]