Fordmods Logo

where are the radius bushes? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: where are the radius bushes?
Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

pedders said that my front radius bushes are worn. i'm thinking thay might be what is making the creaking sound from my steering. where are they located from the disk rotor?. could these be the blame for creaking noise whilst braking and turning? thanks :D

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

and are the also knowen as d bushes?? coz i have had them replaced sice the inspection on my car with pedders.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:45 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Nah D bushes are for your swaybar. Its possible that the radius rod bushes are creaking, but unlikely in my opinion. Could be something more like balljoints if creaking when turning.

Does it also creak if you bounce the car? If so, that could be more upper bushes

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:50 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Sorry just read your othe post. I reckon the noise is a combination of both balljoints and upper arm bushes.

As far as location, its a rod that comes of the lower arm towards the front of the car and is mounted to the chassis. Theres 2 bushes on each side, one at the chassis end, and the other at the arm.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

yeah if you just bounce the car it does not do it.. only when it brake is applied and turning while moving at any speed. web said it may be my upper controller arm bushes. but pedders maked my radius bushes as worn when i had the 28 safety check done.they also said my upper bushes were fine and ball joints are fine too. just trying to work out which component is more likely to creak under braking while turing the car with movment, either the upper controller arm bushes or the radius bushes. thanks :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]