Fordmods Logo

Where can i find the best cold air induction for my XR8 EF?? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

VIC, Australia

could always do what I did, I used a length of airseeder hose big enough to fit over the airbox inlet and then piped it down through the plastic guard under the front of the car, had to cut a hole in the plastic guard, but the air pressure down there was more than at the stock snorkel spot, airseeder hose has a steel spiral through it so you can manipulate the ovalness of it to go where you want, h, nice and cheap, only problem I had was the place that did the blue slip when I came from WA to NSW didn't like it :cry: and when I pulled it out I found it had worn through in a few places, and I haven't got around to putting it back in.

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

pauly_pizza wrote:
millard455 wrote:
there was a bloke on here selling one of thoes aunger ones in tasmania a while back. it had the snorkel and moded air box for $150 i think. search the for sale section, would be a few pages ago by now but i cant remember any1 buying it. these are huge compared to standard and not just the mouth, the whole piece right to the airbox is biger.

same with the el gt snorkel.. the whole thing is larger.

i think what he means with the Aunger induction the pipe going to the box is bigger than normal and the box needs to be modified to fit

Post subject: snorkle
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well see what i come up with tomorrow and go from there, ill do the best i can with what i have available at present so i drive it as ive only taken the thing out 4 times and im hanging to drive my car. The after market units out there are abit pricey and i feel its not worth it but ill have a chat 2 my engine buildr & tuner and see what he says. If that little extra cold air is gona help alot then ill pay up and get something good.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: snorkle
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeh guys,

I havent had a chance to buy the snorkle as yetr but ive been looking around & seen those SS induction kits & was thinking just maybe the BA type with the large front snorkle thats the same size as the grill would fit in????

I need to find a shop i can call past & test fit it & see how we go, anyone know anyshop in Sydney at all?

All help will be greatly appreciated :D

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: induction
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I tried out the BA XR6 Turbo snorkle and didnt fit, i gave it 2 my mechanic as he's fixing a fue things and he's gona use a heat gun and try bend it into place. Hopefully it works :D LOL

If not then only option is a EL GT, SS inductions or Aunger snorkle

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Have you thought about a BA XR8 set up? These have an enclosed pod with an intake at the front. You can then get the pod box modified to fit a snorkel as well.

I just bought this exact set up with a K&N pod for my car, but I've decided to sell instead so might whack it on the AU instead.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2