Fordmods Logo

where can i get or modify a t5 into a t5g gearbox 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: where can i get or modify a t5 into a t5g gearbox
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef falcon

VIC, Australia

hey guys iv got a ef falcon with a turbo boted to it its got about 225 rwk and i keep blowing up third gear in a t5 iv hear you can modify a t5 into a t5g which consits of maching the caseing and putin different size bearings in which makes the gearbox alot stronger but a cant get any leads where you can get this done or any diagrams that can show you what size bearings or where to machine out could anyone please help me hear if they know anything about these gear boxs? thanks

Post subject: Re: where can i get or modify a t5 into a t5g gearbox
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

The Money your going to spend on turning it into a G-force, you'd be better of getting a T56.

The T5 casing is a major weak point, they flex. the larger bearings and counter gear help yes, but at a cost.

I dont know anyone that would do this in aust, perhaps Malwoods.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

oh ok i just got the idea from a street ford mag it had a ed falcon geting 260 at the treds and the moderfied the t5 to a t5g which they said the vl walkinshaws came out with but its not a mater of getin a vl walkinshaw gear box coz the input shalf is longer so the just modify the 6 cilinder t5 to the same specs as the vl walinshaw they said doing this mod has stoped the box from blowing up and they use the car for drifting they did the mod at some joint called hart racing or something like that but the is up at qld and i dont think the put the gforce gears in just they bearings

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

glendogg wrote:
oh ok i just got the idea from a street ford mag it had a ed falcon geting 260 at the treds and the moderfied the t5 to a t5g which they said the vl walkinshaws came out with but its not a mater of getin a vl walkinshaw gear box coz the input shalf is longer so the just modify the 6 cilinder t5 to the same specs as the vl walinshaw they said doing this mod has stoped the box from blowing up and they use the car for drifting they did the mod at some joint called hart racing or something like that but the is up at qld and i dont think the put the gforce gears in just they bearings

That is BI6TIM's car, well, was BI6TIM's. He actually killed a few T5"G" Box's at PowerCruise 19. For the cost of doing it, and still having a box that is going to break, get a T56.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

oh ok well i didnt no that if that case is there anything else i could put in with out a whole lot of dramas like how do i go about putting a t56 in isnt there a lot of stuffing around with bell houseing the clutch and hydrolic lines? how bout a tko or are there a few dramas with them anyone no much bout the tko boxes? cheers guys

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

glendogg wrote:
oh ok well i didnt no that if that case is there anything else i could put in with out a whole lot of dramas like how do i go about putting a t56 in isnt there a lot of stuffing around with bell houseing the clutch and hydrolic lines? how bout a tko or are there a few dramas with them anyone no much bout the tko boxes? cheers guys

To do the T56 - http://www.boostedfalcon.net/viewtopic.php?t=236

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]