Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Workshops that do T5 conversions
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:32 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA II XR6 Turbo Ute & XH Ute

Power: 295 rwkw

VIC, Australia

just got the heads up that the auto in my EL Fairmont Ghia is on its way out, so figured it might be a good time to think about ther T5 conversion i have been wanting to do 4 a while, and as i dont have the time or the space 2 do it myself i thought i might see if any1 has had it done at any workshops??? prefferebly in victoria

thanks guys

~Such Is Life....
EL Fairmont Ghia: lowered suspension , TIKFD custom plates, 20x8.5 XHP Shoreline, soon to have: JVC head unit, Eclipse speakers, Alpine and Sony Amps, 2x JL Audio 12w3v2 subs

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

If you get together all the necessary parts, then any mechanic with half a brain should be able to manage it.

Basically remove the autobox, and bolt on new clutch/flywheel and manual box, all a straight forward swap.

Replacing the pedal box is a big task in itself though as you must move the dash, but using the "mal wood" clutch pedal pin lets you bolt on the pedal onto your existing auto pedal box..... 10 minute job

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon el xr6

NSW, Australia

when i went down there some guy in geelong did it. cant remember his actual location. though gas man can confirm this.

glory glory manchester united,
pacies 2.5 exhaust
19inch typhoon rims
GT intake snorkel
superlows
lightened flywheel

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:59 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

thanks for the help peoples, where would i find out about a mal wood clutch kit??? and also what am i gona need for the conversion??
im guessing ill need: A T5 5speed, a clutch, a pedal box or a Mal Wood Clutch, do i need to do anything to the computer and do i need to change the tail shaft?? also any other bits that i need for the change over??

~Such Is Life....
EL Fairmont Ghia: lowered suspension , TIKFD custom plates, 20x8.5 XHP Shoreline, soon to have: JVC head unit, Eclipse speakers, Alpine and Sony Amps, 2x JL Audio 12w3v2 subs

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

u can trick the computer into thinking that car is a manual, does it by setting the car in neutral i think, there is a tech doc by voxave, will everything u need to know and need for the conversion

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Here is the brilliant conversion guide done by Voxace..... maybe even print this out for the mechanic if your not doing it yourself

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/auto-to- ... 42420.html

You use your original tailshaft, and if you cant get a hold of a manual ecu, Voxace's guide above shows how to do a resistor trick which lets the car start/working reverse lights etc.

Basically you have two different T5's in the eseries.

1. EA to early EB
2. EB Series II to EL

The EA box runs a 3 bolt flywheel/clutch setup and has a really short first and second gear, and shorter final drive

The later model box runs a 6 bolt flywheel/clutch setup and has longer first and second gear ratio's as well as a longer final drive

The EA box can run the later model 6 bolt flywheel and clutch and bolts straight in, this is what i have done

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:23 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

thanks for all the info guys very mjuch appreciated

~Such Is Life....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]