XB air shocks? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: XB air shocks?
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:22 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: XB

TAS, Australia

Gday,

I was just cleaning out my boot and found a little car tyre valve with "min 25psi max 200 psi" written on it and 2 tiny tubes coming out the bottom. I traced the tubes to my rear shocks.

I connected up an air compressor and the gauge read zero. I put 50psi in there and the car raised up about an inch in the rear.

What is the air in these shocks supposed to do, change the handling and ride height? I hope it makes the rears sit on the ground because it used to axle tramp bad.

I would take it for a drive and see but there is no motor/gearbox at the moment.

Cheers,

Matt

76XBGS, 383c, custom crow cam, 4V p&p heads, Isky SS Valve+springs, extractors, 2.5"twins, MSD Ignition, Edelbrock intake, Forged bottom end, Barry Grant 750DP, thermo, discs, toploader, Holley fuel pump, SUPERCHARGED!

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Yep, to change the ride height mostly. If you put a bit of a load in the back you can raise it up so it doesnt drag. The fairlanes had these new from ford.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:05 pm 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

Ok cool. Looks like another thing I will have to wait another few weeks to test out. Damn conversions and rebuilds, why do they have to take so long?

76XBGS, 383c, custom crow cam, 4V p&p heads, Isky SS Valve+springs, extractors, 2.5"twins, MSD Ignition, Edelbrock intake, Forged bottom end, Barry Grant 750DP, thermo, discs, toploader, Holley fuel pump, SUPERCHARGED!

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Oh i totally get you! Perhaps its because halfway through they look something like this?

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2605/startedyz5.jpg

worth it in the end, but who am i kidding, thats not even started yet!

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

Air shockers are good for towing......Had them in my old panelvan and they worked a treat.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:33 am 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

Yeah mine looks a little like that. My problem is that mechine work and postage takes too long....and I keep finding things to change and upgrade. I started with a leaking welsh plug and ended up with an all new, balanced, stroked, supercharged, manual conversion. Damn shiny parts, and the whole "well, while im doing that I might as well do this".

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]