XB Hydraulic clutch? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: XB Hydraulic clutch?
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:40 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: XB

TAS, Australia

Gday,

I am doing a C4 to Toploader conversion in mt XB. I need to get hold of a hydraulic clutch set up. Does anyone know of somewhere I can get one from?

Thanks,

Matt

76XBGS, 383c, custom crow cam, 4V p&p heads, Isky SS Valve+springs, extractors, 2.5"twins, MSD Ignition, Edelbrock intake, Forged bottom end, Barry Grant 750DP, thermo, discs, toploader, Holley fuel pump, SUPERCHARGED!

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

You can get basically everything from any of the auto stores. I bought a brand new Master and Slave cylinder from AutoPro. You will be able to get the clutch and pressure plate from there also.

Xclutch do a flywheel that is suitable, the same as I have in the 5.0L but you'll use the smaller counter weight for a cleveland (I think). It's there Billet one piece chrome/moly unit. It doesn't have the ring gear shrunk on, they are machined into the solid steel flywheel.

I assume you already have the box and the bell housing.

I bought a pedal direct from Ford, but that was a couple of years ago and at that point it was about to become a discontinued item.

The only think I am not sure of is the clutch fork, but ring any clutch mob and they'll tell you.

Not sure where you'll go in Tas, but I used Adelaide Clutch Service as they are the Xclutch dealer here.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:59 pm 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

Thanks for that.

I already have a clutch fork, gearbox, bellhousing, flywheel, and pedal box. I have an 11" Exceedy Sports organic clutch kit on order.

I'll try and get hold of AutoPro tomorrow, dont have any in Tas as far as I know.

Cheers,

Matt

76XBGS, 383c, custom crow cam, 4V p&p heads, Isky SS Valve+springs, extractors, 2.5"twins, MSD Ignition, Edelbrock intake, Forged bottom end, Barry Grant 750DP, thermo, discs, toploader, Holley fuel pump, SUPERCHARGED!

Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:16 pm 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

Repco fixed me up with 2 new cyls today and I have a secondhand setup coming from ebay. For some reason I didnt think that they would sell the cylinders themselves...good ol Repco.

Thanks for the help raiki

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]