XE DIFF QUESTIONS. DISK BRAKE UPGRADE 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: XE DIFF QUESTIONS. DISK BRAKE UPGRADE
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 1995 Fairmont 5 Speed

VIC, Australia

Hi guys. I've got an xd wagon lined up and I'm wondering if it's possible to fit the rear disc setup thats on that diff into the diff I have in my XE sedan.

Help appreciated.

Sam.

FOR SALE: EBII TICKFORD HEAD. Pm me :)
TOONGABBIE MOTORSPORTS
FAIRMONT 5 SPEED BUILD THREAD: http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sam-s-ef-new-car-1995-fairmont-t92322.html
FOR SALE: ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-things-that-need-to-go-eseries-bits-t100455.html

Last edited by sams_missen1604 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Xd wagon rear disc setup fit XE sedan?
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Not 100% sure.....but you will need to see what the axle bearings are like....as in the style of them.
I have done the XF sedan ( 4 wheel disc ) to early XF ute ( rear drum ) conversion.
I had to swap over the axles ( something minutely different with them), as well as the rotors, and caliper mountings......don't for get the brake master cylinder and booster.
If you leave the drum rear master cylinder on, it will jam the rear disc's on.....it has a "Residual Line Pressure Valve".....needed for drum brake rears.......NOT needed for rear disc brakes.
I hope this helps.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Post subject: Re: XE DIFF QUESTIONS. DISK BRAKE UPGRADE
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:14 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Cheers for your reply mate. any info is good info and is appreciated and taken onboard.

I have been told the EA diff housing is easier to install in regards to the hand brake setup??

I got my hands on a EA diff this arvo. it has 25 spline axles with 2.92:1 gear ratio. not sure what series diff housing? i'm guessing 78 series?

Now, i have a reco'd lsd 28 spline carrier (i'm guessing 4 pinion), 28 spline axles from an EF falcon, will these fit the EA housing i have?

Cheers.

Sam.

TOONGABBIE MOTORSPORTS
FAIRMONT 5 SPEED BUILD THREAD: http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sam-s-ef-new-car-1995-fairmont-t92322.html
FOR SALE: ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-things-that-need-to-go-eseries-bits-t100455.html

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

sams_missen1604 wrote:
Cheers for your reply mate. any info is good info and is appreciated and taken onboard.

I have been told the EA diff housing is easier to install in regards to the hand brake setup??

I got my hands on a EA diff this arvo. it has 25 spline axles with 2.92:1 gear ratio. not sure what series diff housing? i'm guessing 78 series?

Now, i have a reco'd lsd 28 spline carrier (i'm guessing 4 pinion), 28 spline axles from an EF falcon, will these fit the EA housing i have?

Cheers.

Sam.

That is a 75 series.....but they should fit......EF rear disc's are different to EA-ED as they have the park brake bit inside it.....Not sure on the axles????.....ED axles are 28 spline.
Are you still using the XE rear brakes????
XE 351 ESP axles were 28 spline......and had a 4 pinion LSD centre too.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:00 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

cjh wrote:
That is a 75 series.....but they should fit......EF rear disc's are different to EA-ED as they have the park brake bit inside it.....Not sure on the axles????.....ED axles are 28 spline.
Are you still using the XE rear brakes????
XE 351 ESP axles were 28 spline......and had a 4 pinion LSD centre too.

I had both axles sitting side by side and the 25 spline axle was about 3-5mm longer in the spline, but apart from that they are pretty much identicle on the wheel stud end

TOONGABBIE MOTORSPORTS

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]