Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Krytox wrote:
I've spent most of the day researching T5's and have found there are a lot of variables with clusters and syncro's I found this a quick rundown on the box I have:
Some good info there Andrew.

cjh wrote:
The thing your talking about is not a synchro setup, its an anti-rollover noise suspression component. Heaps of jap boxes have this too. My 88EA has this. It is spring loaded to keep a nice quiet mesh with the other gear.
Even though it runs a synchro ring, it isn't a synchoniser - it's a brake. On write ups, it is commonly referred to as that.

cjh wrote:
Well, my parts fische doesn't show this synchro your on about. It is genuine ford. The only different bits are for 6cyl and various V8 bits.
I suggest you view some parts breakdowns from an EA and later E series shop manuals.

I have looked at parts fische upto ED 94, no mention of it.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:27 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Krytox wrote:
ok, i've stripped it down,
I can see there is no actual syncro on the revers idler but there is a syncro on the rear.
so theres 5th syncro and also a syncro on the reverse for the layshaft to 'slow it down b4 engaging the straight cut gear.

other than that im very impressed with the endplay (bugger all) and theres no visible marks on any gear.

note the rear syncro
Andrew, check your endplays/preloads with a DTI. While you have it apart, inspect the bearings - most expensive is the mainshaft inner and outer, followed by the countergear front outer cup (because it is a cup with an outer o ring).
With the other shafts removed, you can maneuver the countergear to check the front and rear bearings - you won't remove it (this needs the rear bearing removed). Generally they should be okay as they're always immersed in oil.
Replace the front and rear seals. Any burrs, nicks can be removed with a fine sharpening stone.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

The part you mentioned (number 78) on the fische is a "synchroniser cone" and were fitted from 7/92. It doesn't say its for reverse.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2