xr6 turbo 5spd or supra? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

PhantomLord wrote:
i think you don't know much about supras...i mean the things weight as much as your XR8...1800kgs...and they do a 13.1 second 1/4 mile standard...with about 350hp stock.

OK what do the non-turbo put out , & what is they're 1/4 mile ET?
I claim to know SFA about supra's ,exept that the gearbox that I fitted to an XB GT coupe fitted with 305/50/15 tyres, and 250hp at the wheels when it was installed, was a piece of s**t that lasted 2 weeks before de-toothing the 2nd gear, according to Dellows & Castlemain rod shop- the 351 has too much torque for RELIABLE conversions to a vehicle with minimal mods
13.1 is a pretty quick time for a standard car, even the modified ones I have raced haven't even been close to the mark?

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

hmm okay then so fuk supra's and get a t5 lol? wat xf's hav strong t5's cuz i hear sum were jus s**t thatd snap easy as wit a worked motor

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I would get an EA box not an XF as they were just a conventional single rail fitted with an overdrive gear, meaning that they still had the nylon bush/nut where the gear stick goes into the box, I fitted an EA box to my fathers GT that currently has over 320hp at the wheels, and I give it a workout every now & then & this box is still quite good apart from the standard shifter

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

ohhh okay i thort ea eb ed 5spds were dodge
cheers mate

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

there is just one thing you should do when fitting an E series T5, refil the oil with good quality engine oil not tranny fluid as this doesnt protect against friction as well

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

ohh ok then i'll remember that mate thanks i think ive found my gearbox (Y) cheers

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA Falcon

SA, Australia

[quote="kenny]OK what do the non-turbo put out , & what is they're 1/4 mile ET?
I claim to know SFA about supra's ,exept that the gearbox that I fitted to an XB GT coupe fitted with 305/50/15 tyres, and 250hp at the wheels when it was installed, was a piece of s**t that lasted 2 weeks before de-toothing the 2nd gear, according to Dellows & Castlemain rod shop- the 351 has too much torque for RELIABLE conversions to a vehicle with minimal mods
13.1 is a pretty quick time for a standard car, even the modified ones I have raced haven't even been close to the mark?[/quote]
Engine:
3.0-liter twin-cam 24-valve EFI inline 6-cylinder with VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing); 225 hp @ 6,000 rpm; 220 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm: Standard on Supra.
3.0-liter twin-cam 24-valve EFI inline 6-cylinder with intercooled sequential twin turbochargers; 320 hp 5,600 rpm; 315 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm: Standard on Supra Turbo.

they're the specs...the 5 speed supra gearbox was only made for the non-turbo ones...and they're nothing THAT special...i think the 1/4 mile time was mid to high 15's?

though the getrag (i think) 6-speed gearbox in the twin turbo...well...they're still used in the modded supras with 1000hp.

2002 BA XT: Painted calipers, K&N pod filter, Pioneer head unit, Fusion sub and amp, driving lights, spoiler, 19" rims, twin 2.25" exhaust with quad tips.

Soon to come... Pacemaker Extractors, supercharger.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2