Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Xr6t clicking noise
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:06 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ef futura

VIC, Australia

Gday ford moders?

I have a xr6t and find that when i drive i can hear a clicking noise from under or back of the car, but when i brake it slightly goes away,

I am no me mechanic but dreading the idea of it being my diff? Or mytailshaft or gearbox??

Any ideas would be greatlly appreciated

Cheers,

Post subject: Re: Xr6t clicking noise
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

power of elimination. You say it goes away when you brake. Start there at the brakes and work from there. Either that or take it to a workshop and say find this problem and fix it, but remember labour costs for a mechanic aint cheap

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:45 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
power of elimination. You say it goes away when you brake. Start there at the brakes and work from there. Either that or take it to a workshop and say find this problem and fix it, but remember labour costs for a mechanic aint cheap

Yea i kno mate, i can do the labour if the job isnt big enough, i have a couple of mates who are mechanics its just the stress of not knowing what is wrong with my car...

Bc last night i noticed one wheel had a flat tyre so i pumped it up but the noise didnt go away
So again ill check it out

Appreciate it mate,

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Its a hard one dude because if its not the brakes then it could be countless thing making that sound directly from the brake application. Sounds awfully like one of those jobs you spend month worrying about and search for to find it was something stupid, well I hope thats the case ( being nothing major I mean).
Does anything happen when the sound is heard? What I am asking is does the sound do anything other than make a sound?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
Its a hard one dude because if its not the brakes then it could be countless thing making that sound directly from the brake application. Sounds awfully like one of those jobs you spend month worrying about and search for to find it was something stupid, well I hope thats the case ( being nothing major I mean).
Does anything happen when the sound is heard? What I am asking is does the sound do anything other than make a sound?

Hey mate,

Yea you are right it is a matter of elimination of things so i will start withthe brakes bc what i migh so is put the old lowered coils in n see if that eliminates the problem bc it really only clicks when driving n squeecks like its restricted?

Other problem could be is that all 4 wheel nuts are loose so i might have to change my nuts...

So it figures to look at everything possible but good news is it dosnt seem terrible enough i hope..

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:25 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

worn CV's?

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I purchased a set of tuner nuts off ebay for my Ef when 17's were going on. Turned out they were too short for my 16" I have on now. Check the ebay page for details.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tuner-Nuts-A ... 4cfc3269ed

If they will fit your car there yours if you want to pay for post ( unless your local). I dont need them and maybe 5 bolts have ever seen a stud. Just make sure they will be long enough

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
I purchased a set of tuner nuts off ebay for my Ef when 17's were going on. Turned out they were too short for my 16" I have on now. Check the ebay page for details.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tuner-Nuts-A ... 4cfc3269ed

If they will fit your car there yours if you want to pay for post ( unless your local). I dont need them and maybe 5 bolts have ever seen a stud. Just make sure they will be long enough

Hey mate, thank you but i do not live local and also i have a set tho but again thanks mate

Cheers,

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
worn CV's?

No i dont think it is but i today pulled if the back tires and i notcied the back driver side rear rotor is wobbly, there i also noticed the callipor is quit tight on the rotor so i guess i think that is the problem, when i put the tyre back on and made sure the nuts were tightened i drove it up the road in my street only and when i was driving the noise didnt happen but the moment on the way back it started making the noise.

When i got back i double checked the nuts and they were lose again

So what is the bet form of action now? Is it the rotor? Nuts?

Oh i hope it made sense sorry

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]