Fordmods Logo

YELLOW STICKER FOR TO LOW ASAP HELP!!!! 

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: YELLOW STICKER FOR TO LOW ASAP HELP!!!!
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:01 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: fairmont ghia

WA, Australia

hello people
yesterday i recieved a yellow sticker for being to low! f**k cops.. i have koni adjustables in the front with dobinson springs (super low) so basicaly i have to lift the car to get over pits!! someone mentioned to me to change the front setup and put coil overs in the front any one done this or recomend any brands??? basically i wont the coil overs now so i an lift the car or drop it when i wont... cause i have to clear 100MM or round and now i am 80MM :) but another option is a rang the suspension place that did it for and said he can modify my koni shocks and make them coilover by using the strut..putting grooves in it and buying the coil over spring... but $820 later is this worth it?? considering new coilovers are woth over $1500 for the front... any help asap need to take it to the pits on monday C*** only gave me a week!

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EA Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Stop being a cry baby, you made the car illegal and got caught, the week to comply is a bit rough though.

Full working BA Shifter now upgraded to BF Shifter.
BA headlight inserts in my EA headlights.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

how the hell do you drive around town with only 80mm clearance... you take detours when ever you see a speed bump?

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

WA, Australia

what you do, is bring it to me, i throw in standard height springs for long enough to get you over the pits, you then drive back here and i put low springs back in it.
easy huh.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

scotts840 wrote:
what you do, is bring it to me, i throw in standard height springs for long enough to get you over the pits, you then drive back here and i put low springs back in it.
easy huh.

then you get sprung by the cops

they check your history and see you've been done before

they get nasty

you go back to scotty

he puts in the stock springs again

you go back to the pits.....

see a pattern developing!! :P

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:04 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

i like it low...

so does anyone know about the coil overs???

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

WA, Australia

yeah, it'd only be high for maybe half a day while it goes over the pits.
the only way you'll be able to make em adjust the way you're saying is if you get normal "lows" instead of the supers and then you can adjust em to be just legal or dumped.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:25 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

yeah im getting malaga springs to do it on thursday.. aparently its a coil over spring there putting in so basically ill be able to adjust the coil over height when ever i wont cause the modify my koni shock by using the strut and putting grooves into it...

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

i dont know much about koni "adjustibles" but as i said before would it be just be a simple case of "adjusting" the shocks to comply instead of spending $850?

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:23 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

koni actually dont adjust the height only the comfort... thats y people get coilovers so they can adjust the height and if u get really good ones u can adjust the damper, toe etc...

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

slycruza wrote:
koni actually dont adjust the height only the comfort... thats y people get coilovers so they can adjust the height and if u get really good ones u can adjust the damper, toe etc...

sweet

cheers man

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NL 347, Landau

SA, Australia

What they normally do is put a very fine threaded collar on the upright, with 2 nuts - 1 to hold the lower spring holder and another as a lock nut. This way you can wind the nuts down to raise ride height or wind them up to lower the car. This will still need to be wheel aligned each time you change the nut positioning.
I had this setup in a 180B Rally car years ago.
Shane

Weapons of choice
1998 NL Fairlane by Tickford 033
1996 NL Fairlane Ghia 347
1992 NC Fairlane Ghia 5.0
1974 Landau
1974 LTD

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL Turbo

VIC, Australia

well mate what you do is get normal factory height springs put them in then put the low ones back in... my brothers car is no s**t 65mm off the floor on the a** end we need two jacks and three men to do the job to change a tyre. We need two men to lift it then put a small jack first under to raise it then get the big jack and lift it up. Man as long as your not a d***head on the road, not speeding or have a real loud car the cops won't give a F**K how low your cars is.

John aka TMPTIN

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Call up one of the performance places. There's loads of them round town these days.

They'll sell you some (I forget what they're called) little wedges that go in between the coils and/or above/below the spring in the seat to raise the car. They on;y cost about $20 or so. They're illegal aswell, but if they don't inspect the suspension setup, you'll be right.

Sounds like it's so low that even with the raising blocks in it, they'd still need to jack up the car to even see the springs.

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:57 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

yeah i was goona put blockes in it to lift it up but my mate did it to his el xr8 and the pit people told him to fix it up properly cause they check the suspension when they look under your car and saw the blockes..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next