No it is a symbol of pride 62%  62%  [ 21 ]
So who cares 38%  38%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 34

Post subject: Re: Study finds car flag fliers more racist
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

ive got a big aussie flag in the window of my bedroom which everyone in the street can see, i wonder if they think im racist?

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Honestly? They probably do.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

BubbyGetPizzaForCat wrote:
From the sound of it, if it was raining sex you'd catch a poofter.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

You needed another option there.

It is the flag of our country, just like every country an state gets.

It has nothing to do with pride an patriotism, they can be extra part of what it means bit essentially it is a symbol of where the he'll you are. We dont need it so much nowadays but flags were huge 500+ years ago, every group of knight had their own.. I can go on for longer but if your intelligent enough to follow me you'll get where I'm going..

The flag is not a symbol of racism, but if somone is driving around in their car covered in flags, I'd say there is a VERY high change of a racial issue being raised if the circumstances were there.

In some minds the "patriotism" kicks in a little too much and away we go to some race riots or retard gangsta wannabes getting in hood wars.

Yeeeah mayyte, this is aw-stray-Leah, f**k awf where ya c*m from..
Or
We are Australian bro, and we don't give a f**k.

Fuk some Australian are f**k bogans.

Me personally, I don't go waving flags all day on Oz day. Because that isnt what it's about to me. It's about enjoying being an Australian, In this free country where we can get paid days off, having a BBQ with family and friends. It's Australia's day to have some time off being so FREAKING AWESOME!

Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.

Newest addition to the collection.. DC LTD 5.0..... More to come

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
I wonder what those study's think bout reindeer antlers for the car

im sure there is some race/religion who it offends, but honestly i couldnt give a s**t

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 80 series cruiser

NSW, Australia

well my 6 yo son asked if we could put some flags on the car, so I did, is he racist? Nup. Am I? Yep, (he doesn't know that yet, I dont want to load him up with my beliefs, he can work it out himself) but that's not why they are on there, they are there because its Australia Day, no different to putting xmas lights on your house, does that make you racist because your celebrating a Christian holiday and a muslim could get offended, of course f**k not, in fact who here can say they have even heard a muslim complaining about xmas lights, no one is that f**k stupid. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Much like this discussion, its a non event, yeah some aussie's are racist, some arnt, some people that fly flags are, some arnt, stereo typing them is much the same behaviour as racism.

Call me what you want, next Australia day they will be back on there regardless. :roll:

Thanks to Crescent Motors, Liverpool.
Call Joe on (02) 9600 6229.

I dont own a Landcruiser, it's a Maverick recovery vehicle!!!!

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU3 V8 B&S UTE

VIC, Australia

yobboford wrote:
well my 6 yo son asked if we could put some flags on the car, so I did, is he racist? Nup. Am I? Yep, (he doesn't know that yet, I dont want to load him up with my beliefs, he can work it out himself) but that's not why they are on there, they are there because its Australia Day, no different to putting xmas lights on your house, does that make you racist because your celebrating a Christian holiday and a muslim could get offended, of course f**k not, in fact who here can say they have even heard a muslim complaining about xmas lights, no one is that f**k stupid. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Much like this discussion, its a non event, yeah some aussie's are racist, some arnt, some people that fly flags are, some arnt, stereo typing them is much the same behaviour as racism.

Call me what you want, next Australia day they will be back on there regardless. :roll:

Well said mate.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

First off, as a few have alluded to, a sample of 500 odd out of 20 million is statistically a joke and completely irrelevant. As for what they are trying to say, that flag fliers are more racist , is just dumb. Have you seen the size of flag that Gillard woman has out the front of her workplace? Our premiers and Governor - Generals and military and christ alone knows who else must all be racist then, too...I work for UniSA , worked for about a decade in indigenous support units, we all flew the Aussie flag next to the Aboriginal flag so we must have been racists too. Anyone who has ever been to Victoria Square in the middle of Adelaide must have been staggered at the huge Aussie and Aboriginal flags flying there....

Oh, a final thought...imagine going to America, going up to the average flag flying American and telling him he's a racist because of it, and I think you'd get your a** kicked. :roll:

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB S pac

QLD, Australia

yobboford wrote:

i gota admit that post is checkmate in dis thread. well said
apart from tha fact you proudly admitted ur racist :roll:

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:39 am 
Technical Contributor

D.K wrote:

At least you didn't slag on this poster but, still haven't learned to write properly. :)

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

yobboford wrote:
in fact who here can say they have even heard a muslim complaining about xmas lights, no one is that f**k stupid. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have. And Easter. Just have to know the right people I guess...

And no, perhaps contrary to my avatar, I'm not a redneck extremist either. Damn stereo-typing.

I'm now also seeing many of those flags littering the side of the road now.

Way to show love for the country....

Of course I talk to myself... Sometimes I need expert advice.

Last edited by low_ryda on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: AUII XR6

NSW, Australia

I hate all the roof flag on cars I think they are tacky just as bad as the raindeer xmas car kit

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 80 series cruiser

NSW, Australia

D.K wrote:
yobboford wrote:

Thanks, but I didn't "proudly" say I'm racist, but I can't say I am not when I do have a racist attitude towards some races and religions, I am just stating a fact, as a human I have flaws.

Low_ryda, interesting to hear that you know of muslims complaining, I honestly thought it was a lot of media hype, as I say I haven't heard any complaining, the muslims I know dont mind and see it as part of living in Australia, I had a real good convo with a muselim neighbour about it and he agreed it seemed a media beat up, no one at his mosque complained or carried on, I would like to think he is in the majority but I'm not stupid enough to think I can't be mistaken.

Ah well, life goes on. Good to see a discussion on here about real world matters that hasen't resorted to childish name calling etc...

Thanks to Crescent Motors, Liverpool.
Call Joe on (02) 9600 6229.

I dont own a Landcruiser, it's a Maverick recovery vehicle!!!!

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:06 pm 
Oompa Loompa

This is better paint it on ! we should be painting the flag on the roof like 'General Lee' In dukes of Hazzard!! :twisted:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF Falcon

VIC, Australia

This is the way of todays world, politcal correctness gone mad. If you fly your flag you are suddenly a rascist does that mean when you take the flag off your car after australia day you are less rascist ? I am not rascist i just hate everybody!

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2