Fordmods Logo

RAM's EF 5 speed 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: RAM's EF 5 speed
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:25 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA MkII XR8 and XE Sedan 351

NSW, Australia

Hey guys,my name's Scott and here are some photos of my recent purchase,a 5/95 build EF Gli Falcon.It's a 5 speed manual, has just over 154000km's,and i got it for a good price with 12 months rego.It did require a bit of work,such as a master cylinder,rocker cover gasket and thermostat gasket.Future plans for the car include a full 2.5 inch exhaust system with extractors,fit the lowered springs i have and fix and buff up the front panels and undertray. I will be adding photos as i do things to the car,cheers...Vito

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BRING BACK THE CLEVELAND!!!

My daily driver-1995 EF Falcon 5 speed 4lt
My project car/weekend warrior-1982 XE Falcon with 351 clevo power,new target is Sydney Powercruise!!
Now wrecking-1989 EA Falcon s-pack 5 speed CFI

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Xr6 Turbo

VIC, Australia

good find, yeah it sits how mine used to, does it have a tow pack??

Previous cars

1995 ef futura - nothing special
2003 xr6 turbo 5 -speed 307rwkw

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:08 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Yeah im pretty sure it does,has a towbar,it used to be a country car,once i put the springs in,it will look much better.Here is a interior shot of my car from carsales,the guy i bought it off still has it advertised on their!! i should tell him...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My project car/weekend warrior-1982 XE Falcon with 351 clevo power,new target is Sydney Powercruise!!

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:33 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Hey guys in regards to the exhaust system i want to fit ,im thinking of having the extractors and ,high flow cat ,but in regards to the 2.5 inch sports exhaust system,i want to intergrate a hooker muffler[headers] just for something different,anyone have any opinions on this?, i think it will give the 4.0lt 6 a very nice rumble,plz let me know guys, cheers.The extractors i want to get are a set of pacemaker extractors,that i have seen on a xh xr6 ute, i was told thay are saloon car spec anyone happen to know the part number of these extractors? thanks guys...Vito

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

hey mate with pacie extractors as far as i know 4499 are for pretty much stock engines and give good improvement in torque at low revs and 4480s improve power torque at high revs (above 3500rpms)...

looks really nice...

my AU has a redback 2.5" system, high flow cat and4499s.. im happy with the sound but it'll require a after market CAM to get a bitr of a rumble

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5spd EF

Reminds me of my car when i bought it! Give her a good polish and she will look great! for a month haha

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:32 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Hey just an update on my car,ive been busy lately getting my other car,my XE 351 finished and back on the road and hopefully at Summernats 22,so i havent had much time for the EF,i have here photos of the springs that will be going in, 2inch lowered i picked up for $40 a few years ago and the 2.5 inch Lukey exhaust system i had on my EA that i will respray with hi-temp exhaust paint in flat black and fit to the EF.
I also have a photo of my XE which im getting ready for summernats,which i might post a topic on in the future

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

VIC, Australia

Your XE is a killer, nice work.

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: f6 rspec

NSW, Australia

nice cars mate..just wondering that exhaust is just the extractors > cat> centre muffler and thats it?

How loud is it and does it give out nice crack and pops when decelerating?

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:27 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

The exhaust was on my EA,It's a Lukey glass pack muffler,i found the hotter it got the better it sounded.It had a nice deep sound,with slight crackle on down shifts,it was only a cat back exhaust system,no extractors oh yeah its a 2.5 inch system.Should sound good when i put it on the EF.

Here is a photo of my EF and my now retired EA and a couple of photos of my XE at Powercruise i just found on my laptop

Post subject: Re: RAM's EF 5 speed
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:49 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Okay i thought i'd put some more photos up,since i last put anything up ive fitted the cat back exhaust system,putin some slightly lower springs front and rear.The car was also in a accident,idiot sideswiped me and pushed my car into the kerb while driving down the road,now new,freshly painted r/h/f guard,now gotta spray the rest of the guards to match

Recently i took the car down the quarter mile for the first time,witha best time of 16.2@ 85mph,was a lot of fun and plan to do it again soon.Here are some pics.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]