Help with aftermarket cruise fitting 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Help with aftermarket cruise fitting
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

QLD, Australia

i'm about to fit an command ap60 cruise control kit in my eb and i have been thinking about the ideal place to mount the actuator, how to attach it to the throttle, and where to take the vacum from.
Has anyone got some photos of how the standard one fits up, and any suggestions from someone who has already done it?

Regards,
Punnisher_42

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:39 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Yeah, I fitted an AP50 to my ute some time ago. I mounted the actuator on the right hand suspension tower, using one of the three mounting points. The cable essentially followed the main throttle around to the EFI inlet runners, where there is another cable throttle mounting near the main one. XH (excl XR6) and EBII - ED inlets are the same. The vacuum comes off the brake booster hose via a 'T' piece. Wiring goes through the firewall grommet, the control box sits under the front centre console, I used the dash mounting which sits on the lower right hand side of the steering column for the control switches - this is okay for a ute, maybe not for a sedan/wagon. I also wired the dash caption to come on when the system is operating. If your car is a manual, and the kit has no clutch switch, a HQ-HZ holden brake light switch will fit nicely in the clutch pedal, your electrical control box will have 2 spare pins - this is where the clutch switch connects to. For the control switches, you can optionally try to get the factory assemblies that fit to the steering wheel. I think this should give you some ideas . . . .

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

QLD, Australia

what did you do for the speed sensor? i just looked along under the eb, and there is nothing there that i can mount the bracket onto without putting bolts through the floor into the cabin. any sugestions or even better - pics?

Regards,
Punnisher_42

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:01 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Punnisher_42 wrote:
what did you do for the speed sensor? i just looked along under the eb, and there is nothing there that i can mount the bracket onto without putting bolts through the floor into the cabin. any sugestions or even better - pics?
I mounted the magnet on the tailshaft using stainless steel lockwire and araldite. The bracket and pickup will need to be mounted to the floorpan - I drilled the floor and used self tappers. This was done about 4 years ago - seems to be standing up okay.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

If you look on page 5 of my Turbo kit install thread youll see where mine is mounted on the ED. Should help you out.

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]